17,000 MX and 8500 rms---the soundstream X.X.X.

Bronze Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 43
http://www.soundstream.com/sub/support_wooferspecs.html this is the sub i really really want. i cant afford it though so this saturday ima get 2 t-4 12's for $200 both in a box and the tarantula amp--an idiot is gonna trade my flam-q's for the 2 t4 12's------hahahahahaha

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5037
why do you want that sub?
they list absolutely no useful data about it. no Xmax, etc.

you realize that'8500wRMS' strictly means how much heat the coils can handle without damage.
It has absolutely nothing to do with it's performance, or how much power it actually requires to reach it's Xmech.

Just another typical power acoustik product.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
the tarantulas sound beutifully, great sq with a sh*tload of spl. i think if the sub is a lot better than the tarantula--then it should sound great. ive heard two tarantulas 12's sound harder and cleaner in a ported box than 2 15 solo b's. power acoustic gear sucks but every company has its good sides and bad sides dont u think

Bronze Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 96
Power Acoustik is CRAP. There subs are CRAP, there amps are CRAP, and there capacitors are CRAP; know from first hand experience. You get what you pay for.. -_-

Bronze Member
Username: Stanleyc

Post Number: 81
If you want to compare those subs to something good compare them to RE X.X.X or IDMax subs not solo b's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
HEY DAMIEN what u mean u pay what u get for ---the tarantulas retail price is around 249 a piece, and as much as i also hat solo b's, u gotta admit they're pretty loud. material sucks and cones r faulty but they hit hard. plus theres companies out there that sell crap through one name and sell good stuff through a different name. soundstream sounds nothing close to power acoustik crap. i dont even think uve ever heard sounstream products at competition..... thought so

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5066
may want to compare subs in the same price range.. the RE is like $400
now an Alpine Type R, or an Adire Brahma would be a much more fair pairing off against that Soundstream.

My point was just that their site lists no useful data about the sub.
At least hold off till you can see some TS specs for it.. if not actually audition one.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 234
I can't really say a whole lot, but when I bought my second setup a few months ago, I was gonna go soundstream. The local dealer told me Thier amps are great I don't really recommend any of thier subs. Well I bought the amp and went a different way on the subs. The AMP I am really happy with. So if the dealer wouldn't really recommend the subs what does that tell ya. 1 some other company was paying a higher commision or 2 they are not that good. You decide it's your money

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 235
I just checked that sub out. What are you thinking. 1st u'd better get some spec. Get with thier tech support or who the freak ever. then save a sh!t load of money cause your gonna need that $5,000 zapco amp (somethink like 4 kilowatts)to run the darn thing anyway. plus everything you are gonna have to do to your auto.
Better do some checking and check long and hard.

Silver Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 206
the brahma 12" is 379 and the re X.X.X is 369 both before shipping. So that doesn't put a brahma in the same class as the Soundstream. just thought I'd point that out for ya Glasswolf :-)

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5079
I haven't bought any Brahmas in a while.
thought they were cheaper. ah well.
I said around $400. my 12" RE subs were about $420 each after shipping.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us