Box specs on RE X.X.X

EricF
Unregistered guest
I just got my new RE X.X.X 15 in the mail today and I was looking on their site for box specs, and It just has it for the 12 and 10's, could someone please help me find the correct dimensions for a ported box. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Stanleyc

Post Number: 77
They have the specs on the site. You just didn't click on the X.X.X tab on the left. The specs you saw were the regular re subs, not the X.X.X subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Hey Glasswolf. Would this box work well with RE X.X.X 12?

http://bigdogcaraudio.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BIG121LQSQR

I just noticed that my trunk space is extremley limited so I need to use a sealed enclosure. Should I buy a box like that one or just make one myself? Are there any critical aspects of a sealed enclosure I should pay close attention to besides total volume? Would I need to pay attention to the dimensions, type of material,etc? I was thinking 3/4in mdf is ok, but is it worth of housing an RE X.X.X?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2483
That will work very well, it's close to ideal for an X.X.X. SQ sealed volume. Big Dog makes very good boxes and they're cheap.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
Cool thanx Jonathon.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5042
what he said.
I was gone most of the last day.. workin.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
But since its just a box and not slanted, would I need to worry about standing waves and such? If so, should I just get this box and fill it with some stuff? If so what stuff should I put in it?

http://bigdogcaraudio.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BIG121SLREV

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5068
just line the back with about 1" of sheet-polyfill.
that'll solve any problems.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us