ROFL @ Circuit City

Unregistered guest
I have two Type Rs, today for haha's I decided to go in and ask what amp I needed to power them both. It was recommended to get TWO AUDIOBAHN (blah) AMPS!!! The best part is that each amp was close to $600.00 lolol. The guy stated to me that audiobahn is "top of the line stuff" and that is why the price is SO high. I was assured I would not regret the purchase of over $1,200.00 in CR@P, hah I bet... Oh yeah the reasoning behind getting two amps was that DVC subs cant be wired together in parallel!! lol, take it easy guys.

Silver Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 120
tell me somethin..did you happend to slap this guy in the face for trying and seeling you this Sh!t??

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 179
HAHAHAHAHA!! that dude at circuit city sucks @$$. What an idiot. Well, I guess he gets paid to sell whatever crap they have there.

Bronze Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 42
They make no commission at BB or CC lolol he had to of been just stupid! lol

Bronze Member
Username: Sas

Post Number: 58
haha i cant beleave circuit can go so low as to sell audiobahn, makes them even more pitiful. poor "uneducated" people

Silver Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 121
Man i'ma work there and be like ..HEY DUMB @SSES order somethin thats worth buying LMAO

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 665
Walk away, dont go back, i heard of this disease happening to people. Its complicated but basically these 'victims' get it in there mind that Audiobahn is good stuff. You may need to get checked out yourself. Dont want to get the disease.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 909
lol

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2375
Hehe typical Audiobahn sales quotas. I wonder what kind of classes (if any) Circuit City sends employees to to learn about car audio. MTX amps are the best ones at CC.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Nah man audiobahn amps are def the best just look at the chromed out flames! God what are you thinking guys... They have to be good o_O?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4878
not only does audiobahn impose quotas for monthly sales, but CC does on their sales people as well.
they may not be commissioned, but they have to meet sales goals per week or it affects their pay and possibly their future employment.
I've had friends who worked for CC before. I got to hear all about how they pressure their sales people into pushing all sorts of crap on people.
That's why you get assaulted by 12 sales people when you walk in the door.
It's like being tossed into a shark pool.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
It just annoys me with how badly people get ripped off and filled with false/wrong information when they walk into a store looking for honest answers.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4952
yeah I hear some horror stories about dysinformation coming from CC and BB employees.
these guys don't sound like they could flip a burger, let alone install a head unit.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2412
Oh god, the installs I've seen from Best Buy are enough to make anyone want to learn how to do it themselves. I'd trust my 8 year old daughter with an install before those idiots(she's my baby anyway, she helps me work on cars :-)).

Anonymous

they screwed my head unit up so bad it wasn't even funny. they had the battery lead connected to the remote wire, so my amp stayed on, and drained my battery. then, the speakers were wired out of phase.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
lol, that is pretty bad... What did you end up doing?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4990
You should see Jon's kid though.
She got a snap-on tool chest for Christmas.

hehehe

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2445
Better than a pony :-).

Juggalo Jeff
Unregistered guest
The good thing i got out of circuit city was a box. Now its just a cheap q logic box but just fine for me. Best Buy was charging like 130 bucks for the same box. I went over to Circuit City and got the box for 70 bucks and the only difference was the carpet is lighter.

Bronze Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 31
good guys is alil better though. the only thing i hate about the bastardz is they tried to push a w7 sub on me for 950. got the same sub on e bay for 350 in mint condition. like an idiot i fell for the flames and traded the subs in to get two flame q's for 220 for two. i was a dumb azs. got that a year ago. an1 one wanna trade two flame q's and my car for sum dub 7's!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 137
Yeah I got offered a job as an installer at BB, CC, and UE when I was younger. So I asked to watch their installers for a few min. There was no way I would work at BB CC or UE as an installer. I would have spent more time redoing the other installers work. With them it is all about speed. The faster they got it in the more money they made. I have seen worse though. Outside of shaw airforce base is a nice little flee market. (can we say exposed power wires = fire and lots of smoke)

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
oh yha, today im trying to fix BB's install problem, looks like my power wire wiggles out of the amp, wire was twisted and everytime I pull down the seat to change a setting it may start to wiggle, so Im thinking up a device to keep the wire secured to the amp after I UNtwist it, any ideas on how to keep it secure?(its a wedge deal, screw down and wire is between 2 plates)

Why I whent to BB, becouse I dint have the know how to drill through the Firewall.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
Drilling through the firewall is easy you just need to be CAREFUL and not just start poking holes everywhere. You need to spend some time to plan out and analyze the area on both sides you are going to drill through. If you take your car to an Auto Repair shop they usually will do it for pretty cheap too (10 - 15$). Or if you are real lucky some cars already have holes in the firewall that are plugged up, just got to search for them!

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
just dont goto napa for adivise they say NO have bestbuy do it... true story

Bronze Member
Username: Hifonics

Post Number: 45
ok you all want 2 talk about bad installz when i was 16 i had mah first sound system installed at Brandsmart( no i wasnt stupid enough 2 buy mh equipment 4rm there) but omfg the messed it up so bad. Both of mah amps stayed on the cap would neva go off. The tuned mah bass amp 2 250hz had it on hpf had the gaqin all the way up had the bass boost all the way down. The onli time mah amp would shut down was when it ouldnt get enough volts to it. They had 8 ga power wire to a 3000watt amp. My HU was worse it wouldnt fold out all the way it was not in properli you could see the wirin 4rm the corners you could c ground wires rcas everywhere. I was in disgust when i came bak becuz i had paid n i came bak affta they were closed so i could do nothin about it. So i had 2 work anotha week and get anotha kit and let a professional install. But luki me now i know how 2 do it mah self n dont have 2 worri about it ne more

Anonymous

you just need to learn proper spelling and your set :-)

Anonymous

It's "and you're set". Why don't you both learn how to spell?

Anonymous

IMPOSTER im the real Anonymous I wanted you to think that was me, Sorry to mess with your head Muahahahaha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us