Original Kicker TS numbers

Bronze Member
Username: Seawolfe

Bismarck, ND USA

Post Number: 49
Does anyone have the TS numbers for the original Kicker 8" Competitions?

I just found out that the numbers I've been using are way out of the ballpark but nobody seems to have them not even Stillwater Designs, who can only tell me the recommended box size for a sealed enclosure and that they don't recommend em for vented enclosures.

If anyone can find em or point me to a place to look I'd really appreciate it.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 138
I have to agree with kicker. I delt with alot of their subs back then, and the comps worked alot better in a sealed box. I don't even remember them giving out dimensons for a ported inclosure.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 228
I got some OLD AZZ 10 in. Kicker competition subs from someone for free and I put them in some OLD bose house woofer ported boxes and inverted them and they would definitely surprise you. Ripped surround, no dust cap, SVC 4 ohm.
WOW!

Bronze Member

Bismarck, ND USA

Post Number: 50
I don't know if they gave em out or not. Guy from kicker support sent me an email yesterday saying he could give me the TS numbers but that he would have to fax them. Guess they don't have a scanner hooked up anywhere.

I'm still waiting for that fax (it was yesterday that he emailed me).

If anyone can tell me .. what is the lower end for most sealed boxes?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5022
believe it or not, I have all the old C and F series specs in a notebook somewhere around here from back when I sold them.
The C series are sealed box only.
F (freeair) were for vented boxes.
that was when they had the round solobarics that worked in small sealed boxes, too.

I'll rummage around for the binder but it's buried in my closet somewhere in a box I think.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5023
woohoo I broke 5000 posts in under a year!
I officially need a life!
haha

ok anyway, a sealed box with no infrasonic filter sill go down flat to 9Hz generally.
cabin gain compensates for roll-off so the response stays just about flat below hearing.

Bronze Member

Bismarck, ND USA

Post Number: 51
Well I got the numbers .. the actual model number was C-8 4A. thielsmall.com has some numbers for it .. but they are off by tenths and hundredths here and there. Anyway .. I have the numbers straight from Stillwater and I can get this box done.
Hopefully I can get low enough bass out of it to enjoy my Pink Floyd CD's in my truck again.

Bronze Member

Bismarck, ND USA

Post Number: 52
cool Glass .. so I can enjoy my music it sounds like. Now I just have to figure out how to get 1.3 cu ft of air .. hehe.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us