I need more power

Bronze Member
Username: Djzavala

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 41
Today I tried out my new speakers on my friends amp to see if i needed more power or if it was fine. I have 2 10" Kicker Solobaric L7's, I was pushing them with my friends ROCKFORD FOSGATE POWER 851S (2 CHANNEL), pretty much 425 x 2 @ 2ohms, and I didnt think I got enough THUMP out of it, the bass was ok, I thought it would be more though and the clarity wasnt all that good. Does that mean I need more power? a better amp? or are these speakers like that, all SPL, no SQ?

Silver Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 195
pretty much, if you do a search about those speakers in this forum, the L7's in general, you'll see that most everyone agrees they are loud with bad sq and most agree they have bad design flaws leading to speaker failure. But, I've no personal experience with them. Just run a search for L7s and see what you find in the forum.

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 162
the major problem with them is their shape. most off good speaker are round. But hey, don't flip out just yet :P
How big is the box????

Bronze Member

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 42
Actually I dont know, I think he just bought a regular closed box from any audio store

Silver Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 155
the box must meet the requirements or it wont perform how it should..

Bronze Member

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 45
But although its a different box i dont think the SQ should be that bad right? So is that just the speaker then?

Bronze Member
Username: Comet345

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 80
the kicker l7's ... are DVC (dual voice coil) ... from reading the other thread on how to wire them, it depends on which version you got ... either the 2 ohm, or 4 ohm ...

since you have 2 subwoofers which are DVC ..

if you have the 2 ohm subs
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+2+ohms+x+2&image.x=15&image.y=10&image=Submit

if you have the 4 ohm subs
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2&image.x=14&image.y=7&image=Submit

btw, im going to buy these subs soon ... let me know how they turn out with the proper wattage ... im going to be getting the 4 ohm 10" kickers (2 of them), and push them with a kicker kx1200.1 @ 1ohm...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us