Amp Help PLEASE!

Username: Purelife

Post Number: 5
Hey guys, alright, so im looking through amps and i'm finding I'm not sure what im looking for. All this xx@4 ohms and x xx@2 ohms, what should I look for? And what is the deal with the mono amps, 2 channel, ect. Thanks guys.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 936
mono means one channel meant strickly for bass output for subwoofers

two channel means stereo output but they are also capable of mono setup to run subwoofers

as for the ohms (2 ohm 4 ohm) stability of the amplifier you want to match the power output to the subwoofer or subwoofers you plan to buy for it

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 226
well have you chosen any subs yet?
you need a sub that has the same ohms as your amp or is capable of being wired to have the same ohms as your amp.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 136
Answer these questions and we can help you find an amp.
What type of speaker, or speakers do you want to run? (sub, subs, or front and rear)
What is the rms rating, ohm rating, and number of coils of the speakers you want to run?
Finally, how much do you want to spend?

Bronze Member
Username: Djzavala

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 38
Ok, so if an amp says that it can run, lets say, 215 x 2 ohms and 450 x 4 ohms, that means that it can wired either at 2ohms or 4 ohms right? And another question, which one is better having your subs at 2 ohms or 4 ohms?

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
yes it can be wired any way you want, the wiring really depends on your subs voice coils and if the amp is stable at whatever ohm load you want.
Usually less ohms means more power though, what amp didyou get those specs from?

Bronze Member

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 39
the RF Power 851s, thats the amp i have. they were actually 215 x 2 @ 4ohms, and 450 x 2 @ 4ohms. Ok or what? I use it on my subs (Kicker Comp VR's)

Bronze Member

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 40
RE:Made A mistake on a number

the RF Power 851s, thats the amp i have. they were actually 215 x 2 @ 4ohms, and 450 x 2 @ 2ohms. Ok or what? I use it on my subs (Kicker Comp VR's)

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
yeah, thats what I thought. That sound better, I guess its a good amp, I never had one but RF is good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us