IDmax or RE SX? what would be better?

gottaamp
Unregistered guest
i have a jbl bp1200.1 and i want 1 12" sub to use as a daily driver. i want it to be loud but mainly i want SQ.

also how much are these subs?

and does anyone know the xmax on the RE SX's?

Silver Member
Username: Maxkilla

Malta

Post Number: 126
ID MAX and RE X.X.X are two nice SQ subs but you'll get more SPL with the RE X.X.X..... I would go for an RE X.X.X...

Bronze Member
Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 80
go id max, SX are more of an spl inclined daily driver, you will be very satsfied with the id max

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2368
Between the two, I'd take the ID Max. More SPL and IMO better SQ. ID Max and X.X.X. is a more fair battle, SX isn't quite as good.

Bronze Member
Username: Stanleyc

Post Number: 46
Ok, what about ID Max, RE X.X.X and, JL W7? Which is best for SQ or are they again so close only personal preferece can determine a "best"?

DER...? You can't post three X's in a row on this forum?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2369
All are great and it does depend on your personal taste. Personally, I'd exclude the W7 from the list for SQ in my book, but that's just me. The rest boils down to your opinion and also the application it's geared toward. IMO the ID max has better midbass transition than the X.X.X., so with a smaller set of components w/ less midbass I'd choose the ID Max. Lower frequency authority and low distortion, I'd personally choose the X.X.X.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us