Glasswolf can I get an opinion....

johnsimms
Unregistered guest
I've got 2 v-max 12's (SVC) hooked up to a kicker kx600.1 and a pioneer headunit (premier 760). I have a grand marquise, and in the back of the trunk just below the rear deck is a shelf where the spare tire used to be placed (Its gone now). The shelf is about 10 inchs high by 41 inches across and 18 inches deep. I have the subs facing the rear of the trunk and the ports cut into the rear deck so that the bass comes in the cabin, should I build another box with the subs facing up towards the rear deck, b/c I think it can be a hell of a lot louder??? I also think that the amp isn't powerful enough, b/c I have the hz on 100 and the bass boost and gain all the way up... plus the radio hz is on 80 w/ +4 on a -6/+6 scale!!! Let me know your thoughts

P.S. Fishy helped me out with the box, I accidently made it tune to 36.5hz when it should be tuned to 33hz. Is this a big difference???

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4712
I'd leave itr as is.
I've built stepped enclosures for shelves like that in cars like the 80's monte carlos and such.. you can fill up that area with the enclosure and still fire the subs backward, just be sure the trunk crossmembers clear the box to close the trunk lid.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 205
We just got done installing my friends audiobahn 12'' alum q's in a grand marquie, with a 2400w anzer and they are facing upward in a 6.5 cubic foot box tuned to 25 Hz, and they are loud!Sq isnt the best but they are loud

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 206
typo, 35 Hz sorry

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4792
I bet.
sounds good.
hey if he's happy, that's what matters anyway.

johnsimms
Unregistered guest
Glass, do you think it will be louder with the subs firing up? Someone else told me to fire the subs down, but I never heard of that, plus I dont know how to do it. I'm not that happy about how loud it is... I think it has more potential! If you can offer any advise please do. And will dynomating my trunk make it louder????

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 580
If you don't mind cutting up your rear deck some more john, you could try increasing the area of the "vents".

Here's a good link Glass provided in another thread.

http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/trunk.htm

From what I've read it seems that in most cases rear firing is the way to go in trunks. Downfiring is kinda neat though as your subs are more "protected". Don't haveta worry about damaging things when you casually toss stuff in your trunk.

-Fishy

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4841
downfiring works well in SUVs.
rear firing in sedan trunks, and up-firing in hatchbacks.
that's just in general though.
always exceptions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us