X.x.x

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 152
How do these subs sound?? I hear alot of ppl talking about them but i've never heard any... How are they sq and spl wise? I know re have a mt serie that is built for MAJOR spl, but how are the triple X???

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4931
I use two triple X 12" with 1Kw each of power.
they're in the "super sub" catagory, with a 3" peak to peak Xmech, and power handling of 1600 watts RMS.
They're fantastic for SQ, and can reach some fairly serious SPL..
Unless you're strictly into competing for all out SPL only events, the triple X will be enough to blow you out of the car and then some.
A friend of mine has a single triple X 10" sub and he's looking to downgrade because he said it's too much for him, if that's any indication, and this guy happens to be an Arc/Rainbow car audio dealer.
He's got some nice stuff.

See if you can find any close by competitions and go to some.
you should find a few RE users there.

There are only two big drawbacks I know to the subs you're considering.
they crave power.. you want to give a triple X at last 1Kw of clean juice.
The other is cost.
the 12" sells for $369 plus shipping... they aren't cheap. You're buying a 60 pound sub thougn. It takes a gorilla to lift two of those things. You get what ya pay for.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 153
Cool, thx alot the for the info glass, i'll keep that in mind. How much does one single 10'' go for and how much rms?? Cause i live in Canada,to be more precise Montreal, so i STRONGLY doubt anyone here has Re audio stuff in their car. The best stuff around here would probly be some Fosgate. So if i get 1 ten imported, i think i'll be the only here in montreal to have one :-)

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 154
Btw, u have one WICKED A*S charger, i'm so in love with your car lol. I wonder how those two triple x sound in your car, u have to hit at leasts 2 on the richter scale lol

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 144
i'm thinking about getting one of those "super subs," preferrably 1 15" Which one ya'll think would be the cheapest?

Username: Mjv817

Post Number: 8
wow they really weigh 60 pounds?? jeeze!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4947
yes. two of those puppies weigh as much as I do. hahaha
thanks for the compliments on the Charger. spray-lining the entire car really helps keep down resonance.. in addition to there being relatively little plastic in the entire car (all metal and glass and vinyl back then).
I think the ten goes for about $349 or so. reaudio.com should give specs for them, and they'll give ya pricing.
You need to find a friend in the US to send ya the stuff.. haha that'd help out with the import charges.

as fpr cheapest.. man that's hard to say.
Probably an Adire Brahma or the Brahma Pro(?) that they offer as a high excursion model of teh same sub.
It's very similar to the triple X. same motor structure tech, different basket and cone as I recall. They are like siblings though.. both are very close in performance and sound.
Brahmas, Eclipse Ti and Ti Pro, RE.. there are getting to be more and more subs with 32mm+ Xmax and pretty serious power handling.

on a bright side, the Brahma only needs about 500-600wRMS for a 12" to reach peak output in the right box.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 155
Cool, thx alot for the info Glass, It's GREATLY appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us