Kicker vs infinity?

Anonymous

i work at a place that gives me very good deals on kicker and infinity, so i can pretty much get 2 of their top of the line for under $300.

The question is, which is better, i listen to mainly rock, some getting pretty heavy, and rarely any rap.

Kicker s12X or infinity Kappa Perfect12DVQ?

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 457
get the infinity's

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 433
what kicker sub is that, im thinking its the old round solo's but im not sure, but imo i would go kicker buts thats just because all the infinity stuff ive ever seen was complete junk.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 459
i think this is the infinity subwoofer
Upload

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 460
400 watts rms for $444.95 MSRP
i'm not sure about the s12x though

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 461
is the s12x the Kicker 12" Solo-X?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 434
that much for that sub, damn i would get some re sub or somthing a lot better than that for that much money.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 463
that's kinda the point i was gettin at! lol

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 464
for $255 more you could have 5x the power handling with a Treo SSX:-)

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 435
or get re se which is 600 watts rms i think, save some money to by a bigger amp and have a lot better system.

Anonymous

i get each the infinitys and kicker at about 80% off, so i can have a 3 or 4 grand sytem for about 600 bucks

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 437
well is that kicker the solo'x "the square design" or is it the old solo's that are round.

Anonymous

brand new square ones, 2500 rms and 5000 peak watt

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 466
DO NOT BUY THEM!!!!

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 467
i'm not going to get into it, but if those are the only brands you can get for cheap, then go with the Infinity:-)

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 355
S12D is the old round Solo's. Someplace I saw online still has then "Brand New"

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 137
hey man all those infinity subs are pretty good and reliable....thye have some of the best SQ for the price and especially when you get them 80% you should buy them...only porblem is that their an SQ sub so they dont get too loud

Username: Speedemon57

Post Number: 1
on their website it says the infinity kappa perfect12DVQ reach 92db and on the kicker website says the solox s12x reaches only 87.7, wouldnt that make the infinitys louder

the manufacturer websites for the subs are
http://www.kicker.com/05/05kicker.html
click subwoofers, solo x, specs, then s12x

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='KAPPA+PERFECT12DVQ'&Ser=KPE&Cat=SUB

Silver Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 118
thats the sensitivity not spl their talking about All that rating is is an efficiency rating

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmbq

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 12
That Infinity Kappa Perfect subwoofer is a great sounding speaker...especially if you listen to rock. If sound quality is what you want, the Kappa Perfect is the way to go...just make sure to get the right kind of enclosure and the correct amount of power.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 534
dude you work for circuit city right? yea my boy is getting me the discount off of the infinity perfect components...the deals are sick...if you get the infinity subwoofers...you have to get 2-3 subwoofer...if you get the kicker solo x...get one...honestly if you get a discount on kicker stuff...I'd get 1 10" kicker solox and put an sx1250.1 on each voice coil..that'll pound like no tomorrow...the infinity subs have good SQ but don't get loud at all..it'll require 3 subs to get pretty loud...1 10" would be sufficient from the solo x and probably pound as hard as 3 infinity 12s...getting the 10" solox will help with SQ too as it'll respond faster...many people have infinity subs...how people do you know with a solox setup???...i'd go SOLOX

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 479
No one can say it better that GlassWolf so

quote:

Sensitivity ratings are given in decibels per watt at one meter, or db/Wm. So, with an input of one watt (usually white noise), a speaker with a sensitivity of 90 db/Wm will produce 90 decibels of sound at a distance of one meter. A sensitivity of 90 is considered average, with ratings of 87 and below considered low sensitivity and above 93 considered high sensitivity. To increase the volume by 3 db, you must double the power. So, using the example above, to make 93 db you would need two watts, and to make 96 decibels, four watts.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 480
forgot the first part

quote:

Speaker sensitivity is a specification provided by all manufacturers of high-quality speakers. The sensitivity rating has no relation to sound quality, as some of the very best speakers have low ratings. Sensitivity ratings simply tell you how much sound a speaker will produce for a given power input.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 537
what you are say is that the infinity will be louder than the kicker solo x which is obviously wrong...

You have to be careful when looking at reference efficiency (sensitivity). You can make a speaker really efficient by designing the voice coil to fit entirely in the magnetic gap. This would likely yield a sensitivity of 104 or so. This speaker may work very well if powered by a low powered amplifier because of the high efficiency but would not be able to produce high SPL at low frequencies because it would have a very small xmax. Actually, if the voice coil length was the same as the height of the magnetic gap, it would have no (zero) xmax.

Bronze Member
Username: John8x12

Post Number: 63
I have Infinity Kappa Perfect 12"'s and I hit 150 db with awesome sound quality. Of course I have 8 of them with 3000 watts pushing them...

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 106
dang john, lotsa money!

i have two 12DVQs in a sealed enclosure in a 4dr wagon powered by the REF1211a (round 400 RMS each, just what they need). i got friends that work at circuitcity... :-)
anyways, they sound great and do get pretty loud, then again, i havent been metered, but round 40hz, it hz. (not unbearable but it'll make ya cringe)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us