ECLIPSE 8053... WHAT'S THE BEST SETTINGS FOR...

Username: Petenyc

Queens, New York US of A

Post Number: 1
listening to general types of music like rock pop and hip-hop. I'm having trouble understanding in pro mode how to set the eq, frequencies, time allignment. I WONT touch the crossover part because my installer said it could pop something.

I just need a quick run down onto what YOUR 8053 is set at and I'll try it as well. I drive a 2003 Explorer and have a Zapco1000.4 for the components with Focal Utopias up front. 3 10W6V2's off of a Zapco1100.1. I love tight bass with very loud front stage with clear highs but not distorted.

If this kind of matches your setup or if you are a installer with experience, you'd make my life a lot sweeter!

PS What do you guys think of the 3-10W6V2's in the JL CVS310RG ProWedge sub box? I just updated the rear stage from one 12W6V2 running off of a JL500/1. I havent even heard it yet. To pick up the truck on Friday! Do you think this was a wise decision in this install according to my likings that I stated?

Tnax a million... PeteNYC

Username: Coolboy

ALL OVER THE WORLD, TEXAS, EL PASO USA

Post Number: 1
Have you tried Eclipse web page to see if they can assist you?. http://www.eclipse-web.com/. I was having similar difficulties with my Eclipse 8454. I called them and they even teach me how to set it to the kind of car I have. They will assist you better than our folks here in the forum. On top of that if your head unit is new is a good way to keep you warranty. Best wishes and I hope everything gets resolved soon I know how frustrating can be having the equipment and not giving you its full potential. Again, good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4438
I set crossover and EQ settings via external components with mine, so everything is set "flat" on the head unit for me.
I use a 30+30 band 1/3rd octave EQ and a pre-amp/XO for all of the tweaking between 3 amps.

T-Ray
Unregistered guest
Ignorance is not allways bliss. I want to run RCA jacks from my head unit to my amp. Problem; I have two sets, each with right and left designations. One set is neg and the other is pos. For example, front positive has left and right, and front negative has left and right. Therefore, I have four jacks when I only need two. Witch ones do I use?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4857
just use the front inputs of the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us