AMP problem

Username: Nas8fan

Ky

Post Number: 3
I have a sony 480 watt amp powering a 12 sony sub enclosed in a bandpass box. my problem is that after about ten minutes or sometimes less the bass cuts out for about 5 seconds and then comes back. if i dont turn the stero off it continues to do this repeatedly. my volume is usually about halfway up when this happens but sometimes it does it reguardless. is it the ground or do i need a bigger amp?

Username: Jbl16

Post Number: 5
I have a sony 800wtts max amp, I had the same problem since a couple of months ago, tried everything to solve it without success. Yesterday the amp finally gave up and barely moves the sub anymore even at half boost.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4576
turn the gain down a bit and see if it helps
Sony amps are notorious for this though and often end up failing.
they're very poorly made and have caused countless people headaches with their abrupt failures for no apparent reason

Username: Jbl16

Post Number: 7
Yup my amp apparently failed, it barely moves the sub now, you have to almost touch the sub to see that its recieving signal. I checked all the wiring and the sub and they seem fine. I guess the amp finally decided to fail, anyways I ordered an alpine amp, hope i have better luck with them : /.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4704
Alpine's amps are made much better than Sony's ever have been.
I think you'll be pleased with the change.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us