Does sound deadening work?!?!?!?

hmmmm...
Unregistered guest
will sound deadening make my system louder or just quieter from the outside? My car rattles a lot outside, but you can't here anything from the inside. And what should I use to deaden the sound... The trunk is the worst part of it!! that thing sounds like it wants to come off.

P.S. why is my system louder with the trunk open?!?!?!?!?

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 146
Sound deadening is for both... PPl use it more for the inside though. They hear something rattle in the inside, and it kills the sound so they put dynamat or anything else. If u wan't ur trunk to stop rattling, well then u can use any expanding foam. I can't remember the exact products, but they are available at your local hardware stores.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 892
to answer the why your subwoofer is louder when open i personally feel it has to do with sound cancellation try your subwoofer box in different positions you may find it gets louder with the trunk closed and less increase when the trunk is opened

Unregistered guest
mine gets louder with the trunk open :\

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 130
check out this link for some ideas of what you can use, and were. https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/69478.html

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4834
"why is my car louder with the trunk open?"
read this:
http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/trunk.htm

yes sound deadening works if it's done properly.
it reduces metal vibration, which increases efficiency of the system by lowering loss of energy through that resonance.
this in turn makes the system louder in the car, eliminates or decreases roud noise and noise floor from outside the car, and keeps the sound in the car. the best sound damping is spray in lining like lizard skin or rhino lining.
after that would be dynamat type materials, followed by things like expanding spray foams and such used in areas you can't get the mat.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 178
is fat mat comparable to dynamat glass?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4846
yup.
they all do about teh same thing.
as long as they absorb metal vibration, they're doing their job.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us