I need amp help

Bronze Member
Username: Deraticus

DuBois, PA

Post Number: 12
Hi, for christmas i am asking for 2 sets of infinity kappa 63.5is. So i already know im going to need a 4 channel amp. My head unit says 52x4 but i know its not putting out 52 watts. The kappas are said to put out 225 watts. What size amp should I get and what brand. My limit is about 150-300.

Bronze Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 71
ok how old are you seriously.. still askin things for christmas..? but ur gonna want somethin that will come the closes to matching the subs ur plannin on getting for christmas..

Bronze Member

DuBois, PA

Post Number: 13
I am 16. The kappas are speakers. I have 2 12" audiobahn subs already. I am getting a new job soon because I had gotten fired from my old one. I need to know what size amp I should get for the kappas.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4617
yes 52 watts is a peak output from headunits.
real power is about 11 watts RMS x 4.

for Kappas, you'll want an amp rated for about 45-65 watts RMS x 4.
look at JBL if you're limited in budget.
Kicker or MTX is a step up from JBL.
any of the 3 are very good amps.

Bronze Member

DuBois, PA

Post Number: 15
I was looking at getting a kicker kx600.4. What do you think about that?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4634
terrific amplifer
it'll be a great match to the Kappas. Used that combo before.

Bronze Member

DuBois, PA

Post Number: 16
thanx for the input glass. I might look at some JBL because if i go with the kicker itll put me over my budget.

Username: Bluboy

Oklahoma City, Ok USA

Post Number: 1
Ok I have two 12 inch legacy sub's each are 1200watts each I have one 800watt x-plore amp I hear I should buy one more amp and it should be a 1000watt then I hear I don't need anything else I am confused what do I need to get.

Silver Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 102
well if you buy a thousand watt amp and you bridge the 800 and 1000 togerther you will have only 1800 watts when running your legacys i imagin that 1200 is the Xmax for ur speakers...so i'd say u'd prolly be puttin them to there full extent..if you bought another amp..its not good to run the speakers on too little watts otherwise u can blow it just the same as if u had to many watts goin..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us