I need a suggestion

Username: Slade

Somerton, AZ United States

Post Number: 1
I bought a 95 mustang about 3 weeks ago, and the stang came with the stock mach460 sound system (460 watts rms). The problem is that the person to whom I bought this car installed a aftermarket pioneer headunit, and im not sure he hooked it up right to the stock amps of the stang. The mach460 sound system consists of 2 stereo amps, two tweeters on the top mirror side of each door,two speakers at the door sids, and two speakers at the rear end. Only the tweeters found on the top mirror side of the doors make the high frequencies. The side door speakers and the rear speakers only produce bass (hardly any highs or mids). So what do u guy's think, did the guy I bought the stang from hook up the headunit wrong, or is the system like that. Oh, and another question, since I have a class d amp and a 4 channel amp, should i just put in the class d, or should i also install the 4 channel amp and buy some speakers for it for extra mids and highs?????????

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 168
I would replace all the speakers, but I dont know if your on a budget or anything. Its up to you, but I would think new components would sound better. If you are good with installing stuff, do it. But thats my opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2309
Make sure the FIE or SFEQ is turned completely off(whichever one it came with), it sounds like that could be turned on. Make sure the rear preout is set to full instead of subwoofer. Last, check the wiring to the amps if this doesn't fix the problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us