Will this ported box work ok with my sub?

Anonymous

I want a ported box for my 12. My sub recommends 2.0 cubic ft for vented, 30.0 hz tuning, a port with a diameter of 4 inchs and length of 12.16 inches. I get a idea of what all this means but I saw a decent and pretty cheap box on ebay. I just wanna know if the box on ebay will work even though. Will it damage my sub and lessen quality or spl?

The specs for the box im looking at is......1.8 cubic feet chamber. tuned at 36 hz. Will this work with my sub? Any help would be good. Thanks alot.

heres a link to the box

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50568%26item%3D5725558972 %26

Bronze Member
Username: Followyoursole

Post Number: 30
bump...any one?

Bronze Member
Username: Hifonics

Post Number: 40
i tihnk it should work long as you put some polyfill( the paper type) in it and then youn you could tune it a little lower than 36 hz. i did the sme thing becuz i was low on money. BUt if you have the money you should keep lookin and try this website www.topedgeonline.com they probabli have everybox that you would need for a sub

Anonymous

I tried that site already...but none of the boxes have the exact specs either..And im borke as hell..lol Tahnks for the link even though.Anyoneelse have input if this box would be ok???

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 872
if you want to use the box you listed on the link first then you would want to add two inches thick fiberglass insulation or two pounds polyfill for a 33 hz tune but make sure you have enough port with the power your using in that box 250 watts rms would put you on the borderline and addng more power than this would make things worse

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 873
300 watts rms in the same box at 1.80 cf no insulation at 36 hz would be on the borderline port wise

Anonymous

I have a mono amp pushing 420 watts rms at 2ohms supposedly. The speaker is dvc wired parralel. The amp is a cheap profile so probably is pushing out about what? 250-300? And of course ill use polyfill if i get the box. You think it would work out then with my ampo sub, box and polyfil. no problems? good spl? decent sound quaility. no damage?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us