No Sound..Help!!!!!

Username: Jewunit

Kelowna, B.c Canada

Post Number: 1
i have 1 12' Kicker sub and a little 55x2/1 chennel amp, i jus installed it in my new car, and it worked perfecty in my old one but i bought better wires n rewired it all, and now i get no sounds from the subwoofer.. like it getting no power to it at all..but the amp power light is on..so im not sure if the amp is cooked ro if its something else..please help

Bronze Member
Username: Seawolfe

Bismarck, ND USA

Post Number: 19
check your wiring Kory. If you are getting a power light then either your signal isn't getting to the amp or your subs are wired incorrectly from the amp.

Kelowna, B.c Canada

Post Number: 3
what if the ground wire isnt grounded properly, would it have the same affect?

Bronze Member
Username: Seawolfe

Bismarck, ND USA

Post Number: 22
Possibly. But I would think that if you didn't have a good ground you wouldn't get a power light on your Amp. But I'd check it to make sure you have a solid connection to ground.

Does your amp have a fault light? Is it lit at all?

Kelowna, B.c Canada

Post Number: 4
it was a pertection light..not sure what that means tho. and not its not lit..but right now the ground wire is fixed on a ground wing nut that hold the spare tire so..i gotta drill a hole somehwre

JOSH HOWARD
Unregistered guest
KORY DID YOU CHECK THE FUSE BY THE BATTERY IF ITS BLOWN THERE WOULD BE NO SOUND GOING TO THE SPEAKERS BUT THE LIGHT FROM THE AMP WILL STILL BE ON. SORRY I GOT A PIECE OF SH*T KEYBOARD WITH THE CAPS LOCK BROKEN.

Unregistered guest
I also have a problem sorta like that, my concept amp i'll turn it on, the green light comes up but no sound, i unbrided it, then wired it jsut normally,it worked for a bit then stopped again, i hooked up another amp and it worked fine, i think my outputs are blown but idk, can someone please help me on this issue
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us