Phoenix Gold X12D4 Xenon V.S. Audiobahn aw1206T

Username: Betterdays469

Post Number: 3
I know that nobody seems to like audiobahn around here. I've had one audiobahn 10 in my truck for a year now, it's been alright to me. Like everyone says, alot of spl, but it just didn't hit like I would have liked. Anyways, I'm upgrading to 2 12's under my rear seat in my truck, the box is on the way. Been looking around for 2 subs that are dvc 4ohm, so I can get them down to 1ohm for my Kx1200.1 amp that I also just bought. Mounting depth has to be under 7 inches also. I came across these Phoenix Gold x12d4 Xenon's. 12 inch sub, dual 4ohm voice coils, for just a few bucks more then the audiobahns. They have a bigger magnet, 175oz v.s. audio's 120oz. Though the audiobahns say 1100 wats rms, I know they'are power hungry, and probably not true 1100 watts anyways. The phoenix golds are 500 watts rms, 900 watts peak. My amp is rated at 1350 watts, so that would be a little over 600 watts a speaker. But it's not like my amp is gonna be cranked full power, so I'm thinkin the phoenix gold's 500watts rms will be ok. Has anyone had any experiences with the phoenix gold subs that i'm talkin about, and if so, better then the audiobahns or what? I have to get these in the next day or two, or I"ll have an empty box under my seat..lol.. so any input would be greatly appreciated. Oh, my box has 1.2 cu.ft air space per chamber also, sealed. And I have a 1 farad Cap, should I run it with my kx1200.1 amp, or just straight to the battery? It's in a 02 silverado 2500hd, and i think the alternator is like 110amps or above. ok, that's all for the questions!!

needhelp?
Unregistered guest
you should look at the power acoustik fubr's... they are 1800 watts and I believe they are less then 6 inches in depth. They are also on sale at best buy for $200 a pair!!! Other subs include cerwin vega v-max 12"s, definitely 6 in. depth so they will fit... but amp is a little to big. hmmm. audiobahn has the pro compression subs that only take 4.5 inches!!! goto www.audiobahninc.com actually you can go with the aw1200q on ebay for 120.00 a pair and I can tell you it will definitely be very loud and cheap... they only need 5 3/4 mounting depth. you'll have no problem with the subs. and I would definitely use the cap with that amp!!!

needhelp?
Unregistered guest
p.s. dont waste your money on the aw1206t's the aw1200q are just as good for your application if not better... and I think audiobahn's are pretty good for the price. you'll be happy with the aw1200q. espeically for 120 bucks!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Hifonics

Post Number: 36
for 200 i say go with cerwins they will b prob juz as l/oud as audiobahn and they will hut twice as clean or 2 kickers compvr's believe dotn waste your time on audiobahn unless you are willing to spend thousands becasue i thnk there stuff is made to play with audiobahn everything to get the good sounds out if it. And i mean everything AUDIObahn, not 1 thing could b anotha company and 2 me they sill still not hit as clean as v-max's or compvr's kicker and you dont have to use all of te your amps power so i dont think that they will shut off at all, with 600watt rms u shoud b ok

Post Number: 4
Those aw1200q's i've looked at on the site, but i figured audiobahn probably exaggerates their rms watts, so I figured going with the 1100 rms aw1206t's that they'd actually be somewhere around 6 or 700 watts. Anyways... the power acoustics look good, if they were dual 4ohm instead of 2ohm. I need the dual 4ohm so I can wire 2 of them down to 1ohm stable for my amp to get all my potential watts out of it. The cerwin vegas I think just don't handle enough power. THe kicker Compvr's look pretty good even at 400watts rms. My original idea was to get the solobaric L7's, but i just don't feel like spending the $450.00 for them right now. So I take it nobody has heard the phoenix gold's I had mentioned? They have a huge magnet at 175oz, and 500watts rms. Well if anybody has heard of them, lemme know if they're any good. Thanx for all your input, I appreciate it

Post Number: 5
Another idea....I could go with the kicker solobaric s12L5's instead of the L7's, they're 600watts rms, and are cheaper then the L7's. Any feedback on the L5's? thanx

Silver Member
Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 188
Phoenix Gold is becoming like Hyundai. They are actually coming out with some decent products, I have heard the new PG amps and the new PG Xenon subs and having heard older PG stuff I have to say there has been a great improvement. Of course the V-Maxes would be better in my opinion. But, if you were to choose between the Audiobahn's and the PG's, go with the PG's all the way. I am impressed with the track PG is on and who knows, soon they might come out with some reputable high end stuff.

Post Number: 6
Well, now that I check it out, the kicker L5's aren't that expensive, along with the kicker Comp-VR's. How about the L5's, anyone have any recommendations about them? I can get two L5's for about $100 more then the two Comp-VR's if they're that much better then all these other speakers we've talked about. And they're $200 less then the L7's, so that's good too, just less watts rms. Let me know anyone, thanx again

Bronze Member
Username: Hifonics

Post Number: 37
all of square shaped subs have seriuos stress points, i wanted 2 buy them but after talking to a few poeople about them i learned they are not worthed, and for the cerwins i also learned that power isnt everything, the fact that cerwins onli need 300watrms to hit excursion doesnt mean that it wont get louder than most not all that need 1000 watt rms to hit excursion, which the 300watt rms sub will probali b more efficient. And that look at the xmax on the subs also, the higher the better, BUT DONT GET FOOLED by the products that list there xmax peak to peak. IF its peak to peak divide it by 2 and you would get your 1 way xmax then you could even it out To c which is better. But also look at the rec. box enclosure space to c whcih sub will perform best with the space you have for the box, if you need ne thing else im me at topdawgsounds

Post Number: 7
hi, where should I IM you at? if I don't talk to you tonight, maybe tomorrow I could discuss a couple options with you. THanx. Email me at betterdays469@hotmail.com, or im me betterdays469 on yahoo or msn, thanx

ELECGENIUS
Unregistered guest
HEY PAUL----- I HAD THE OLD AUDIOBAHN WITH THE BLCK CONE, THEY KINDA SUCKED---NEEDED TOO MUCH POWER. I CURRENTLY BOUGHT 2 Q1206T'S FROM A SHOP IN LA FOR 130 A PIECE----CERTIFIED DEALER FOR AUDIOBAHN--- THEY HIT LOUDER THATN L7'S. IM LIFTING THEM WITH A 140 DOLL AMP---KOLE 1490?-- AND SOUNDS DEEP AS HELL, SINCE I REVERSED THE SUBS AND INVERTERTED THE POLARITY. GET THEM IN A PORTED BOX WITH AROUND 3.0 C/FT OF SPACE AND ULL BE SET TO GO.JUST REMEMBER THAT AUDIOBAHNS SOUN GREAT WITH A 350 TO EACH COIL--- 2 IN TOTAL PER SUB.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us