Help Plz!

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 160
ok here is my problem, i have 2 12'' cerwin vega v-max's and a sony 1200 watt amp powering them. When i got home i poped the trunk because somthing didnt sound right, and i cranked it to about 20/34 like i normally play when i listen to song. I was listening to ying yang twins-strap around your ankles, and every time the bass changed tone, something made a weird noise. I have my gain set at 3/4 boost at 10db, and low pass set at 110. On HU I have bass, mid, and trebale all at the same 10/10. My box is 4.7 cubic feet with 2-4''/10'' ports. I was just wondering if i blew them or if its supposed to sound like it did. I know its not a machanical problem because they look fine. Ive only had them about 3 weeks now....It just makes a weird blurg noise when the tones switch during higher bass. Help Plz!

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 161
Should i change the box to sealed????Beacuse with that noise it sounds like poo

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 251
Well, I was gonna say it could just be bad port noise, I get it with my slot ported box, but you said you can hear it inside your car. The only way you can hear my port noise is if you open the trunk.

Silver Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 141
just my opinion, but having bass turned all the way up and then gain set that high probably creates a lot of distortion. me, I have gain set at 1/2 and bass is -6 on a -12 to +12 scale. sounds good this way for me. I usually don't listen to my stuff higher than 20-25 out of 40 too, so that's a good indicator of how loud it is. maybe if you could upgrade your amp so that you didn't need to crank the gain and bass settings up the sound would go away. but like I said, just my own opinion

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 164
yea, i can hardly hear it from inside the car, only when its turned up higher. I know its comming from the sub tho..

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 856
steven you have things set too high your gonna kill your sub if you keep that up...that noise is not good buddy

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 166
dang that blows....or i could jut blow them and get new sheit muahahah!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us