Sub doesn't work when the car is running!!!

Anonymous

I just got done hooking up a system in my car and everything works fine!!......untill you start the car, then the sub doesn't work. has anyone ever heard of this happening? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 427
Is your sub amp shutting off?

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 214
how did u hook up the remote? to the h/u's blue wire or did u go to the fuse box? If it's the fuse box make sure it is to the assc. fuse or something similar. if you plugged it into something like the lights it won't work till u turn them on. The remote/power antenna wire from the back of the h/u is the best way to go.

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 430
Yeah but what could he hook it up to that would shut OFF when he started the car?

Sounds crazy to me.

-Fishy

Bronze Member
Username: Alpha_male

Post Number: 18
I bought a clarion 1000d from crutchfield about 3 years ago that did the same thing. I sent it back and apperintly it was water dammaged.

Anonymous

The amp light stays on and everything appears to be working, this is the weirdest thing i have ever seen. i am trying to find an amp to borrow to see if its the amp or the head unit. i just dont see any reason why it wouldnt run when the car is runnning. the speakers all work fine.

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 457
If you have a portable cd player and a 1/8" mini plug to stereo rca adapter you could hook that up to your amp and see if you can get that sub to make some noise, lol.

It'd be a bit easier than installing a whole new amp.

I just can't think of one reason why that amp wouldn't work if its "on" unless it doesn't like the extra voltage your alternator is providing, but that doesn't really make any sense either.

whacko

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us