Some people are hopeless

Silver Member
Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 182
Go into best buy and try to talk to the customers pressing the little red buttons testing the subwoofers. Its a sad case. This kid asked me for my opinion so I sat for 10 minutes explaining to him that the "Dual" brand 2 12" bandpass system they had for sale was probably the worst sub setup one could buy, just cause it looks cool with the plexiglass window doesnt make it good. Then I spent 15 minutes explaining that just because a Head Unit has a motorized faceplate does not make it good (Referring to the 159 dollar "Dual" XD7500) and as im making my purchase I see him walking out with both of the items. Let em make their choices but my true point with this is, albeit farfetched from the original statement, Why is it that big chain stores such as best buy and circuit city refuse to carry quality car audio items (aside from a limited selection of decent head units)?

Silver Member
Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 184
Also, what the hell are Prestige, Rampage, and SPS brand car audio products? Has anyone ever heard of this crap? Is it even worth speaking about, or is it muy mal.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2199
Most profit, and there's more of a market for cheap audio. I'd rather have a simple head unit than one with all kinds of useless crap that will likely interfere with the audio quality.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 454
It used to be different. I remember when you could pick up the "huge" $800 Soundstream MC500(4x125) at Circuit City.

http://www.soundstream.com/sub/owner_manual/mc500.pdf

However, this was the era when Alpine actually sold "tuners" (I had one).

-Fishy :P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us