Audiobahn's savior...

Unregistered guest
I am new to this website... and after reading previous threads I must say I am pretty upset with the comments about audiobahn subs and amps. I agree with them having outragous power requirement, but for $60(aw1200q subs) you can't beat them!! I install a lot of systems and I have personally owned a lot of brands... And I still continue to purchase audiobahn. As far as sound quality goes, bass is distortion!! How much sq do you need??? Now i'm not saying audiobahn is the best, but its definitly up there (below ID MAX, Treo, JL audio, Diamond audio) but those subs cost between 300-700 dollars. By the way, I hooked up an Eclipse 10in sub in my gf's car, and I hooked up an Audiobahn alum10q and guess who's sub was louder and clearer??? yes it was audiobahn. So anyone that thinks audiobahn is crap, come listen to my (3)AW1200Q subs w/ my a2300hct amp!!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1974
"bass is distortion!!"
That's a pretty vague point. Explain how certain drivers have lower distortion than others, yet have higher SPLs at that point. Ex: Adire Audio Brahma. Any SQ/SPL sub such as the ID max, JL W7, etc. has lower distortion than a Flame Q, yet higher SPL, so no bass isn't exactly distortion. Bass just has more distortion in it than mid and treble, but that doesn't mean you choose a driver that distorts. If you ran an Eclipse sub off an overrated Audiobahn amp, I could understand the Eclipse sub not hitting hard. Audiobahn amps are known to be overrated, of course so are their subs, so they balance out pretty well. Eclipse subs on the other hand are underrated.
"Now i'm not saying audiobahn is the best, but its definitly up there (below ID MAX, Treo, JL audio, Diamond audio)"
"I install a lot of systems and I have personally owned a lot of brands... And I still continue to purchase audiobahn"
And how many systems did you have to purchase all in all? Upgrading constitutes....actually upgrading. You'd be in ID Max, JL, Eclipse Titanium, etc. territory by now if you actually improved by a respectable margin. Buying 3 or 4 mid budget systems costs more than one good one.
"How much sq do you need???"
More than any Audiobahn product could ever offer me. Sorry, I've heard them all and from a SQ standpoint, all fall short of my expectations. All these Audiobahn posts are getting REALLY old. If you and anyone else reading doesn't get the point by now after the 50 billion times we've all explained it, then just ignore this forum and go elsewhere. From all you've read you already know you're not changing anyones mind, it's just an ongoing topic that won't end. If you like them, cool, buy them. If you want a sub that lasts a long time and sounds good throughout the duration of it's duty cycle, I advise anyone looking to go another route. Some of the higher end stuff isn't that bad, but overall, I'd put them in the Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood category. Consider this thread dead.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 138
you know...i could hire an editer to go through these posts and put together a healthy sized hard cover entitled
"car audio 1 on 1, by jonathan" and we could have it on news stands n bookstores before christmas...lol:-)

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1978
You'd have to title it "Systems under $500 bucks and 1,001 reasons Audiobahn sucks" lol. Just too bad Audiobahn's Jesus above can't offer any subjective data to back up his original statements. Oh well, I'm going to bed.

Unregistered guest
The awt12 is by far the only sub i have found to satifastory hit loud and sound good at the same time. Everyone i know thinks i have 2 - 15" subs in the back and i only have this 1 - 12". I have a 1100 watt Rockford 1100a2 powering the sub and it's just as loud as my old 15" rockford power DVC sub and sounds almost as good as a JL w6. Great all around sub.
Strengths:
Loud, descent sound Q.
Weaknesses:
needs a lot of power.
Similar Products Used:
Rockford-Fosgate 15" Power DVC RFR3112, JL-Audio 12w6.

This awt12 subwoofer is a KILLER! This sub has excellent sound quality and the bass will make your mom cry. I've listened to the JL W7 and the Cerwin Vega Stroker and they do not compare to this sub. They sound like garbage if want a KILLER sub invest in this sub.
Strengths:
The Bass is CRAZY. Excellent sound quality
Weaknesses:
NONE!!!!!!
Similar Products Used:
NONE!!!!!!!

Wow, where can I start with these puppies...or should I say monsters. If you're thinking of buying these subs make sure YOU'RE PACKING POWER!!! Or else you're better off buying cheaper subs. I've had 2 of these in my altima and I am thinking of selling one because my girlfriend won't ride in my car. The bass is so hard it feels like I'm going to vomit sometimes when I put the music to loud (hip-hop). I am pushing these with a RF bd1500 amp but haven't tested them because I'm not really into competition although I'm starting to consider!
Strengths:
Excursion (about 3inches)
BASS (Daaaaaamn son, no need for a pacemaker anymore!)
Weaknesses:
Sound quality (not the best but hey, I'm a basshead and I admit it!
Similar Products Used:
JL 12W6

I Would put money down that this sub, inch for inch is the best sub out there, i am only running it off of a 800 watt kicker amp and i have shut down w7's, alumapros, w6v2's, rockford fosgate 12's, oriion hcca's and some generic stuff that didnt sound like anything.
Strengths:
Is the loudest sub out there because it can handle so much power, not to mention it is clearer than all the high powered hard-hitting subs. also it will cost the same as any other high end sub.
Weaknesses:
800-1000 watts of an alright amp will push it but to get the full potential out of this sub you need to run at least 1200 watts of a very good amp.
Similar Products Used:
nothing compares to this!!!!!!!!

I recently purchased two very impressive pieces of Audiobahn audio equipment. I replaced my old system, 2 "Alum12Q's" and "A1300HCQ" with your AW1508Q Flame Compression subwoofer and an A1500HCQ high current series amplifier. I stand alone at the local and regional competitions as the only cometitor with your equipment. Crushing other competitors, my 92 Mitsubishi 3000GT and Audiobahn equipment make a bold statement and I feel that this season will be much better. I would just like to compliment you on the creation of a superior SPL woofer. Thank you for your time...
Sincerely,
Shawn Larson

I bought 1 1508Q subwoofer and a 1500HCQ amp from one of your dealers a couple months ago. When I hooked these speakers up I was amazed at the power that was pushed by the subwoofer. My neighbor that lives a quarter mile away actually called the cops on me. Thank you for delivering me so much attention getting power. I will always buy Audiobahn products because they are the best....

These are only some of the million testimonies I found online... And again I never said audiobahn was the best! All I simply said was that if you buy them you could rest assure that you will definitly get your money's worth out of them. And john, my first set of subs, many yrs ago, was kenwood... I blow them after a week, the second set was rockford, and many others... including JL, MTX, pioneer, kicker, earthquake, ma audio, ect (just too many to remember)! And my loudest was actually a triplet of kicker solobaric's hand wound at 6 ohms a piece, hooked up at 1 ohm off of an old rockford amp (which are definitly the best amps rockford put out)!! But this was years ago, before kicker started f*cking up with those square subs... anyway, as far as looks audiobahn gets an (A), bass productivity (A), quality (A), sq (B-), overall (A-)

Unregistered guest
...and buy the way, every car cannot handle a w7 or diamond tdx! I know a lot of people are hooked on jl, personally I think its a waste of money!! and if you were a real car stereo enthusiast you'd keep your options open and not fall for the hype. You would try new things to see how they sound. I persoanlly don't want anyones option, I want to figure it out on my own!
...and upgrading doesn't mean spending a million dollars on speakers, it means getting your money's worth. Damn i'm gonna have to teach you guys a lot!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Document_c

NY

Post Number: 25
This guy sucks...

Bronze Member
Username: Saosin

Post Number: 38
wow...... 2 bad i haven't seen anyone at dbDrags have an audiobahn setup......... hmmm maybe cuz they blow, yes i have made the mistake of buying audiobahn but by reading forums like these it has taught me that mainstream isn't always best...........

Username: Jason32812

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 6
I have two ALum12Q's in my silverado runnin off a HCT2300 and I have the best system at my school (mainly cause I had custom installs done). But my hole system including door speakers and headunti is audiobahn. I Only have 1 lone visonik 400 watt rms amp powering my door speakers but thats it. Your ignorant if you say all of audiobahns products are bad.

matt77
Unregistered guest
they didn't say all audiobahn stuff was bad just the amps subs and everything else the subwoofer grills look pretty cool but if u put em on a quality sub they would prolly break lol cause its AUDIOBAHN

taylor17
Unregistered guest
audiobahns are okay i am thinking bout bying 2 alum10q subs and puting 1200 to each sub or shood i go with the 10 rockfords

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
LOTS OF PEOPLE RUN AUDIOBAHN IN DB DRAG AND YES THEY HAVE WON!!!!!!!!!ANYONE WHO SAYS AUDIOBAHN SUCKS.....I HAVE A CHALLENGE FOR YOU, YOU PICK YOUR SET UP N I'LL USE ALL AUDIOBAHN N I GAURANTEE I'LL SPANK YA'ALL, STEP UP AUDIOBAHN HATERS:-)

matt77
Unregistered guest
yea audiobahn is ok if u want SPL that sounds like a drummer in a barrel cause they have SH!T for SQ and to put 1200 watts to both subs u will need 2 good amps not the overrated audiobahn amps and then u will have to get a new All for ur car/truck its all a big waste of money to buy them stick with quality brands

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
YOU HAVE KNOW CLUE

taylor17
Unregistered guest
ya i did think the rockfords sounded a little cleaner but the audiobahn's can handle more power and i can get them for 84 dollars on line

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1979
"Hey my friend matt got him a pair of these (10's) and put em in his toyota he has a 600w Kennwood amp pushin them and they sound great i was really suprized at them my body was shaking these speakers ROCK! the pick up to even the lowest volumes i think i had the volume on like 6 are 7 and they was still boomin i would really recommend these speakers to any1 they're really loud look good sound great and can be over powered! im thinkin of gettin a pair of these but im a kicker/RFG person OH YEAH! he is pullin in my drive way now its 500yards long and i here them boomin! There very strong to!"

"ight my friend got a pair of these and put em in the back of his toy. He has then in a custom AirForce box and powered by a 600w Kenwood amp and let me tell ya i use of didnt think these things had any bass and i was wrong these things sound AWSOME! He custmized his cd player EQ for more bass and stuff and they just blow ur ears off. got them on AirForce Bass for like 60bucks are so and the boxs. Let me tell ya these will my next pair of speakers i get even just 1 of these hit hard this is a good speaker with a low are high budget! The design on them are great wil pick up the Bass even at low low volumes and will be loud! The rubber conen around the speaker is nice and tight to it looks like its made of a plastic/carbon fiber stuff so its a good durability. I hope you find this review helpful thanks!"

"I have 2 of these in my 2000 ranger. All my friends are amazed. They sound great, powered by the 1200 watt sony amp. Just make sure you break them in before you crank them way up, so you don't blow em. My neighbor has 2 jl audios in his car, and the sony's sound better, his crack when it hits."

"I have 3 of these in my trunk hooked up to a 1200watt Sony Mono amp. These things hit so hard and are so responsive it actually gives me a headache now. With previous tens i have never experienced that. These things hit hard and you can't beat the price for higher quality bass. When you crank these things up forget about distortion because there is none. Remember Sony will only work with Sony though so you'll have to throw down some cash for the amp."

What are these reviews of? The Sony 10" P5 subwoofer. Does that mean I'll buy one? hahaha...no. It's ironic that these reviews sound strikingly similar to the ones of Audiobahn above. As far as your statement: "...and upgrading doesn't mean spending a million dollars on speakers, it means getting your money's worth. Damn i'm gonna have to teach you guys a lot!!!!"

Don't bother teaching me anything. I'm quite happy w/ my Dynaudio System 360 and ID max. Until you progress to this standpoint of SQ you won't be able to teach me sh*t. Quality equipment costs more because of the materials that are put in. Of course, there are exceptions, but Audiobahn isn't one of them. When you put together systems that can near-perfectly replicate the soundstage from the source, you'll understand. Look into IASCA, and see if Audiobahn has ever been included in a winning vehicle. Until then, Audiobahn rocks!!! A user that just slings some speakers in the factory spots, connects them to the amp, and cranks up the volume to near clipping levels won't notice the difference. Take a close look at Audiobahn reviews "wow, it bangs!" "with 2000W RMS this sub gets LOUD!!!!". You won't hear reviews about the soundstaging, midbass transition, linearity, or frequency response of their subs or speakers. A true SQ system will be totally transparent, you won't even notice the speaker locations of that your subs are in the trunk. All you'll notice is the instrument positioning and vocal presence and location. "Sounds good" just doesn't cut it in my book. A lot of people define good sound (ironically) with how hard the bass hits. Oh, and if you get good loud tweeters it'll balance out and sound great!!! But will it sound like it was intended to? Nope. I'd like to see how many of these reviewers have their EQs tuned to the typical "smiley face", listening to rap all day just for the beat. There are plenty of options for subs that hit hard, but most of it lies in the install and user, plus the vehicle it's put in. Different strokes for different folks, but from a build quality and sound quality standpoint, Audiobahn falls flat on it's face in my book. I admit that I am very picky with my equipment, and everyone's priorities are different. I'm not going to recommend Audiobahn on this forum because of their high failure rates and poor build quality. Want to save Audiobahn for me? Why don't you send me a check of the money our shop lost for returns, exchanges, and shipping off defective equipment. Then I'll call it even.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 213
if any of you are comparing audiobahn (any audiobahn!!) to w7's, brahma, x.x.x.'s, or idmax...you have not clue what GOOD bass is...sorry, but its true!

audiobahn CAN sound decent, in some (very few) cases even better that good stuff...ex: kicker

but the ONLY reason the audiobahn may sound better would be because decent audio stuff it is up against in no set up right!!!

ex: kicker compVR vs. audiobahn alumQ...the alumQ could sound better (it would have to be the a VERY well built box) but the compVR would have to be a box that is total CRAP!!!

audiobahn IN NOT high end audio! you can make most ANY subs sound decent...i mean ive heard Thump sub sound halfway decent!...lol
but audiobahn is not a good co.

bottom line...
if you like it, buy it...but dont be mad at any of us when you get screwed on audiobahn! (believe me, ive own audiobahn)

Bronze Member
Username: Audionoob13

Novi, MI USA ...

Post Number: 37
OMG, what idiot's, just some trailer park kids stealing audiobahn trash, thats all. Don't lisen to them, if they like audiobahn let them be the tool to car audio, they will make the car audio stores stay in buissness.

They obviosly never been in a car with W7's,IDmax,X.X.X,Brhama's or Diamond.

Just stick you your local chaldean car audio audiobahn expert's and circut city sales reps telling you audiobahn is the shizznit.

Go find another forum.

Immortal Malibu
Unregistered guest
I wish people would shut the fack up about how bad Audiobahn is. The other day, a rich kid with a "$2000 JL system" challenged my "crappy Audiobahn" sub system and I sent him home with with his feelings hurt. I have an AB Immortal 12 running 1000rms out of the 2000w rms it can handle, and he had a W7 12 with a JL 1000w amp. My amp is a BX1500d, and I made my box. By the way, that was two days into my system, no sound deadening, electrical upgrades, or ANY tuning, and nowhere near broken in, and I hit 145.1 dB. IN A TRUNK LEGAL ONT THE DASH.

Bronze Member
Username: Audionoob13

Novi, MI USA ...

Post Number: 41
Bullcrap

Anonymous

nobodi ever said that audiobahn doesnt get loud everybodi and dey momma no dey get loud, and hit high db, remember db onli a 3 second hold, try playin audiobahn drivin up the street and bak at its potential, and the sub will blank out bout a million times. They sureli wont sound got becuz i seen there subs n action and it sound like some1 bangin on the a trash can, I had it and i couldnt turn mi HU on over 19 out of 70 and the subs will distort.I never hurd there extremeli high end stuff, but i wouldnt waste 1000's of dollars tryin 2 hit 145, when wit 405 dollars with the re x.x.x you can hit 150+ n the right box,

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 214
its been said it before and i'll say it again:

The install is EVERYTHING! Never, Never forget that!!!

oh...and i wouldnt use audiobahn if you paid me! their subs are a waste of alternator power!

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
You guys are retarted, if you think audiobahn doesn't have good sound quality. (and jon i agree it can't compare to focal and audison, ever). As for the guy who says "install is everything", your wrong, flat out. you make a very well point that install counts 100% in how the system works, you just have it backwards, in other words you can set up a high end top quality system wrong and it not sound any better than some cheap "roadgear", but you will never, never make poor quality equipment compare to high end gear no matter how good your "install" is. yes yes yes i know, i've seen crap subs slam because of a top notch installer, but don't let that fool you guys. Like i said you guys...what you think is sq is not what jonathan thinks is sq, you have no idea what sq is especially when you all have no clue as too why passive crossover are used in sq cars and the difference a tube powered amp on your highs will compare to a class a/b, or class a, or how a perfect staging can give you depth perception out of a stereo recording, do ya?, i didn't think so, then don't tell everyone on this forum that audiobahn sucks. i'll bet anything you want that i can use all audiobahn, ALL, and build a sq car and it will be louder and sound better than anyone elses on this entire forum, (not comparable to dynaudio,focal,vifa,scanspeak,audison,tubedriver,ect.)
basically everyone on the forum besides jonathan,(hes the only person that has proven to me that he knows a thing or two about sq) i'm callin all yall else out who say audiobahn sucks, before you say it again check this link out first and look at their sq products, i mean do you (the person who is gonna reply with a post stating that audiobahn is crap beause he knew a guy who bought some and bla bla bla) do you even know what a 10"compression horn driver is?, or how to stage them in a system?, well audiobahn sells them, maybe you can read the instructions. not to mention on their components, (they offer a slew of three way) all the components are matched to pairs, and dudes, don't even challenge how loud they can get, remember i'm the guy who hit 153 with only 2 12" aw1208t so get real!!!!!!!
www.audiobahninc.com

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 287
hehehehe

I love this thread.

:-)

-Fishy

Immortal Malibu
Unregistered guest
"nobodi ever said that audiobahn doesnt get loud everybodi and dey momma no dey get loud, and hit high db, remember db onli a 3 second hold, try playin audiobahn drivin up the street and bak at its potential, and the sub will blank out bout a million times. They sureli wont sound got becuz i seen there subs n action and it sound like some1 bangin on the a trash can, I had it and i couldnt turn mi HU on over 19 out of 70 and the subs will distort.I never hurd there extremeli high end stuff, but i wouldnt waste 1000's of dollars tryin 2 hit 145, when wit 405 dollars with the re x.x.x you can hit 150+ n the right box,"

Actually, The Immortal, my amp, and my head unit only cost me $700. And Install and wiring. I built the box myself, and my port is bigger at on end than the other. This box flat out sucks, and is ported at 39 Hz. If I had a halfway decent box, I guarantee I would hit at least 150 from 1 12 and no more than 1000 watts in a trunk. Get on my level.

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 215
look...all i am sayin is that i feel audiobahn is not up to par w/ other subs in their price range. they are well know for driver falure, unless audiobahn has change their products greatly recently. i havnt got a chance to hear the newer audiobahns.

sure, you can make them sound good...i've heard audiobahn systems w/ pretty good SQ. that is what a mean by "the install is EVERYTHING..."

you said it yourself, good subs can sound like crap in a bad install! and total crap subs can sound decent (nowhere near as good as high end stuff, but decent!)

as for jonathan...he seems to dislike audiobahn just as i do, maybe more so.....lol

oh yea...jonathan,
my hats off to ya man, you know your stuff

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 216
oh...and if you look at one of jonathan's post bout mid way of this thread you will find this:

"Different strokes for different folks, but from a build quality and sound quality standpoint, Audiobahn falls flat on it's face in my book. I admit that I am very picky with my equipment, and everyone's priorities are different. I'm not going to recommend Audiobahn on this forum because of their high failure rates and poor build quality. Want to save Audiobahn for me? Why don't you send me a check of the money our shop lost for returns, exchanges, and shipping off defective equipment. Then I'll call it even."

thanks for providing a pre-made quote jonathan...lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
marshall, sounds like all your knowledge of car audio is all from hearsay, not real world experience. and yes audiobahns build quality has risen, but more immportantly it seems as though every one here is keeping the low end audiobahn in mind when sayin its crap. HOLY SH!T!!!!!can't you guys figure it out?, T H E Y M A K E M O R E T H A N O N E M O D E L! DUUUUUUUH!
STOP TELLIN PEOPLE FALSE INFORMATION ABOUT PRODUCT YOU HAVE NEVER USED, OWNED, HEARD, OR EVEN SEEN IN PERSON! GET REAL
(ps go to their dang website, please, and look at their new products, the upper end ones)
www.audiobahninc.com

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2012
I also stated that their higher end stuff isn't all that bad. Just not to my taste, but a lot of great speakers aren't to my taste, that doesn't make them bad. You have to consider how picky I am to begin with. Just b/c I don't think it's a good product doesn't mean you'll feel the same. Audiobahn vs. Dynaudio isn't much of a comparison because they're in different leagues. My current component set retails around $1200 and is hand made in Germany. My shop had Audiobahn components on a board beside MB Quart, Dynaudio, Focal, Jl Audio, Eclipse, and others, they just didn't sound that great (to me). Us recommending car audio to people is iffy, and my input is that you should listen to as much as you can and judge by your ears. Things get different with limited budgets (which is very 99.9% of the time on this site) and you can't afford high end equipment. When this is the case, we try to recommend solid, reliable equipment for a good price. Doesn't mean Audiobahn is the worst you can buy, but value comes into play and they may be edged out by something else. It's still opinion, though, and always will be. Once you start looking into very high end equipment, build quality isn't as much of an issue because most are built exceptionally well, and you're more free to choose upon personal taste without having to worry about reliability (usually). You also won't get instant great sound quality just because you bought that set of high dollar speakers. It's just as easy to make a good speaker sound bad as it is a poor one. If you don't dedicate some effort into installation, placement, imaging, etc., then you won't get the best results in the first place, and you'll wonder if all that money was really worth it.

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 217
zac,

all i am saying is that i dont really care for audiobahn, i'm not totally trashing the co's name. yea, i know audiobahns higher end stuff is pretty good. IMO there is better out there, simple as that.

the immortals seem pretty good, just not a sub that i personnally would buy. i can have my opinion on audio companies just like you.

you may have heard more audiobahn products than me, well thats just fine. you can buy the subs you like and i'll buy mine...ok?

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 635
"bass is distortion"

I guess you have never heard a JL sub before!

Obviously you havent istalled many systems (or good systems). Audiobahn just sucks!, how many times does it have to be discussed?

Username: Thehammer

Mount Holly, Nj US

Post Number: 7
My boys got audiobahn and personaly itss iight for the money but i'll take a jl,eclipse, or an mtx 9500series over audiobahn anyday.

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 67
zacdavis:

My van would slaughter any audiobahn setup.

and has Audiobahn ever won anything WORTH MENTIONING in dB Drag or IASCA? it just sucks, period.

BUY SOMETHING ELSE!

Unregistered guest
damn, there is a lot of heat in this thread!!! Look, all of you preaching about your id max's and w7's are f*cking crazy... Who in there right mind would pay $500 a SUB??? Unless mommy and daddy were buying it for you. I'm like every other working man, I work way to hard to waste all my money on subs or $1200 on components!! You guys probably waste your whole day looking up stats on subs comparing this and that. The truth is that if you have 4 subs at $60 a piece (aw1200q on ebay) they are gonna hit louder than any jl or id max!!! You guys that say you know something really know nothing. The more surface area you have the more bass your subs will produce (example: one jl w7 = 12inches @500, while 4 audiobahn aw1200q =48inches at @240). That is half of the cost. Now john, pat, marshall, chief, audionoob and anyone else put that in your pipe and smoke it!! ...and go pay a billion dollars for speakers, LOSERS!! go jerkoff to the new jl's... i heard they were bigger LOL

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 305
dB's aren't everything.

I like to hear my mids and highs.

But thats just me.

Different strokes for different folks.

-Fishy

Anonymous

Frank,Go Suck a big C===oo)

Juggalo Jeff
Unregistered guest
frank is retarted straight up now i aint dissin audiobahn or ne thing but u should need to go die

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 71
I read about and think about car audio for most of my day. It's a hobby. So I'm a retard for liking my hobby? I don't get it.

I paid a little less than $500 for my sub and I worked to buy it. Maybe you should get off your lazy azz, go to school, and get a decent job so you can buy nice things. I'm glad that you found what works with what little you can afford. Frank just because you are broke and cheap doesn't mean you should make fun of people who actually have nice things.

No one I have seen on this board is a huge JL fanboy so please drop all the JL dissing.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 135
I hate Frank

Bronze Member
Username: Jay_dub

Louisiana United States

Post Number: 35
Yeah,Frank is a retarted MOFO!!

BigYellowTaxi
Unregistered guest
Frank,

Well I think many would share your opinion about JLs, they are over-priced but they are QUALIT and a damn good selling point because everybody wants them. You're talking to some people who have sold Audiobhan products who at next to no cost have sampled all they have to offer. It's not like you're talking to people who just like to talk out their @SS. You're point is a lost cause here....no one likes Audibahns products because they are unreliable and their cost benefit is moot because of the insane amount of power they required. You can easily find better products that require less power and will match or outperform even their best products.

BTW: ID Max's are not $500. Also, I doubt Jonathan paid $1200 for his components (not to say their not worth it) When you sell good stuff, you get prices on good stuff. I doubt their is a sinlge person that really knows car audio that would take that Audiobahn sub you think is from "the gods" if you BEGGED them to take it.

I don't think you realize it but your last post just really makes you look stupid. Of course 4 subs will outperform (loudness) than a single 12. But you proved our point, you had to have 4 to kill a single quality 12. But anyway, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. We'll just let you have yours and hope that maybe someday you'll enter into the realm of real car audio.

Cheerio

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 219
frank,

like the others said, there is more to bass than dB levels.

and as for "The more surface area you have the more bass your subs will produce"
that is somewhat true...but xmax also comes into play. thus overall displacment...

i'll take your example into account (these measurments are off the audio co's sites):

JL 12w7
Sd (cone area)= 0.0542 m^2
one way xmax= 29mm
air displacment= 3143.6 cm^3

Audiobahn AW1200Q
Sd (cone area)= 0.045 m^2
one way xmax= 12.5mm
air displacment= 1125 cm^3

in other words, it would take 2.79 (about 3) audiobahn aw1200Q's to match the displacment of a single JL 12w7. the JL would need ~750wrms and the 3 audiobahn would need ~2100wrms.....

this is why i say audiobahn is a waste of alternator power!!! (at least in this subs case)

THIS IS TAKES DIRRECTLY OFF OF EACH COMPANY'S SITES, THEY GIVE THE T/S FOR EACH SUB!

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 220
check my math,

i'm 95% sure its right, but check it anyways.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2021
I got most of my stuff for FREE :-) but I do think they're worth the cost.

"The truth is that if you have 4 subs at $60 a piece (aw1200q on ebay) they are gonna hit louder than any jl or id max!!! You guys that say you know something really know nothing. The more surface area you have the more bass your subs will produce (example: one jl w7 = 12inches @500, while 4 audiobahn aw1200q =48inches at @240). That is half of the cost. Now john, pat, marshall, chief, audionoob and anyone else put that in your pipe and smoke it!! ...and go pay a billion dollars for speakers, LOSERS!! go jerkoff to the new jl's... i heard they were bigger LOL"

I'm sorry, I didn't know SPL with bad SQ was the only goal to have in car audio. I guess I need to change my mentality then. I'll just sell all my equipment and buy a bunch of cheap Audiobahn subs, cause surface area is all that matters, isn't it? I mean, the excursion just doesn't make any difference at all, or the box you put the subs in. After all, who needs quality component speakers, or amps, or 24 bit dacs? Thanks for straightening me out, that centered soundstage and lifelike sound quality was really confusing me for a second. I'll just throw a bunch of metal dome tweeters in all four corners, some 6x9s in my truck for some punch, and those four Audiobahn flame queefs and now I'll REALLY have a system. Thanks for giving me quality advice, I'm sure now my truck will sound as good as every other vehicle in the ghetto!!!. And yep, I wouldn't want to jerkoff on my soon to be Audiobahn subs, it'd mess up the shiny chrome flame basket. No jizz going to be on this one! Idiot.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 141
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!!!!!!!!!!
you suck frank.

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 221
jonathan,

:-) if you get most your stuff free, share the wealth...lol :-)

lmmfao

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 309
Do those audiobahns really require the amount of power their thermal rating describes? I'd think with less than half the Xmax of the 12w7 that they would reach full excursion a lot sooner.

Or are they really the giant power hungry pigs many are claiming?

I've never listened to anything audiobahn, but I wouldn't be surprised if the "truth" lies somewhere in the middle.

lol, I almost wanna go get me some alumiq's or whatever they're called just to see if they sound as bad(or as good) as people are claimin.

Hehe, gotta love this thread baby.

-Fishy

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2024
Shop is closed now, sorry, I got it as a "thanks for helping me start the business" kinda thing. Normally I wouldn't have gotten the stuff for free, but he offered and I couldn't turn it down :-). The shop didn't shut down b/c I got all that free stuff, just letting you know lol. Me and my brother started the shop together, and basically I helped him get it started financially.

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 225
just messin w/ ya jonathan,

hopfully i'll have the cash to set up a really nice system some day...right now i'm in college, so no new audio stuff for me for a while.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2026
Know what you mean, that killed me. I had to drive a 93 Toyota Camry (good car, but BORING on a long drive) over 2 hours a day with a crappy radio and 2 front distorting factory speakers. Never buy a car you have to make payments on during school :-). Eventually I saved up enough during a summer to buy some decent stuff, though.

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 226
well, my stuff is decent (adire and JBL)

but like any good car audio nut, i want more...lol

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 227
yippy!

yet audiobahn related thread that reached 50+ posts :-)

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 316
Hey, at least Frank stopped posting in it...

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 220
AHHHHHAHAHAHAHA..... whatever

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2108
He hasn't posted b/c he doesn't want to become one of "us" like he posted
"You guys probably waste your whole day looking up stats on subs comparing this and that."

Funny though, we usually spend this part of our day trying to convince the ignorant above that their equipment sucks. Quality over quantity.

Bronze Member
Username: Ctx

Post Number: 68
i heard an audiobahn sub 2day it sounded like a pi$sed off ostritch with a crow trough its neck

Bronze Member
Username: Ctx

Post Number: 69
i heard an audiobahn sub 2day it sounded like a pi$sed off ostritch with a crowbar trough its neck

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
these are the people that your trying to convince? ohhhh right...hes not the ignorant because he thinks audiobahn stinks too..gatcha
btw, i got my mmats amps today for world finals, i'll be the guy who takes first place and breaks the world record in 901-1800ss class, oh ya, and with dd subs, i'm feelin cocky, was doin testing today :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
i just read my post and it seemed a little rude, i didn't intend that, just makin a point that some people arent worth convincin as much as those that already are, know what i mean? half the people in this forum don't have a clue, let alone a serious note, they just want to agree with whoever is seemingly the most intelligent person on the forum, despite their own real personal experiences, or even genuine opinions.
these are mostly just just kids lookin for someone to talk to, which there is nothin wrong with, however the whole "adire and x x x is the best thing in the world" thing is pretty lame. hey people, get a hint, theres more than two brands, i bet 80% of the people who say "oh no, dont buy that brand, buy some shivas", probably have never even owned or heard'em in real life. i'm only gonna try to give technichal advice on this forum because this hole place is filled with opinionated people who criticize every brand that isn't considered thee elite. so, if anyone needs some advice on how to do something or troubleshoot, or anything else technical, then feel free to ask. i still own a shop and have installed for 11 years so you can be sure my answers r to be trusted. as for my opinion, obviously it doesnt mean much to people around here so leave the "what should i buy questions" for someone else, l8r y'all

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2160
I was referring more to the fact that he states that 4 really cheap subs are better than one high end sub, because surface area is all that matters in car audio, you know :-). That was my quality over quantity basis. DD makes a killer sub, I'd be cocky too, good luck with finals.

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 411
Well I have absolutely no opinion on Audiobahn other than they look pretty.

I sure do wish I could get a hold of some free ones. I'd drop em(at least the amps) in my Explorer and form my own opinion lickety split.

The only really terrible sounding amp I ever heard was a lil bitty 20 x 2 sony you could slide into a half din chassis, but at the same time I think a 6"x7"x2" Soundstream D100

http://i17.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/85/fc/6a_12_sb.JPG

sounds better than a PPI 2050m.

http://i2.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/9a/2c/db_1_b.JPG

of course I've HEARD both of these.

Ne1 wanna donate some Audiobahn this way for testing purposes? I'll return when finished if they don't break.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 207
fishy;

yeah I got a set of audiobahns I can loan you for your testing. If you wanna pay the shipping. They are in the mustang right noww but it doesn't take 10 min. to put the sony's back in (which I'm gonna do anyway, they sound better)
The audiobahns were hooked up to a soundstream 480.2 in a bandpass. They'd get loud but sq wasn't there,(IMO).
Anyway u got a pair of 12's if u waste them look at this way, you have done nothing more than put something out of it misery.

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 415
lol, that bad huh.

I've got a 2.8 cu ft per side box tuned at 24.5 Hz layin around I built for my 10w3's that disappointed me.

Be simple thing to cut out the speaker holes and change the port length.

Which model Audiobahn's are they? I'll take a look at their specs. I'm not surprised that they don't sound right. I'm not sure you can just slap any speaker in a bandpass and have them sound good. or was it built for them?

Oh, am I allowed to TRY and break them? hehe I was kinda kidding about the donation thing. Didn't think anyone would say yes.

-Fishy

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
don't know the model number, I'd have to go out and look. it's the set that comes in the bandpass, in other words they were supposedly designed for them. I had them hooked up to the 480.2, supposedly putting 240 to each. it sounded to me like they could take some more with no trouble. I don't even know what the bandpass was supposedly tuned to. The local audio guy, I feel was kinda jerkin me around. Now that I've been comin to this place and learning a little more, he treats me with a little more respect. lol.
I pulled them to put a set of earthquake tremors in it, cause the box was basically free, since I'm ditching the audiobahns, just got the amp tonight, ma audio hk 897 it is supposed to put out 1200 at 4 ohms, but it's dark and I don't wanna mess with it tonight.
Anyway if you want to try the audiobahns, I'd be more than glad to loan them to ya. Try, and again I say try not to destroy them, as they don't sound half bad, well maybe a quarter bad in a sealed box, and I still have a truck to get setup. But I got another set of subs picked out for it, but talkin mama into that is gonna take some doing. If ya know what I mean.
Anyway let me know, they are yours to try if ya want my man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
fishy;
It just dawned on me, I got a buddy getting ready to go down to florida and see about a job, I'll check with him tomorrow night and see if it's anyplace close to you, save some shipping. What do ya think????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us