Need amp help~~

Anonymous

I have a kx500.2 kicker amp, and I have 2 12" L5's solobaric subs in a vented box, and I don't think it's got the power, as I have the gain on max, and it doesn't do it for me!!! It's in a trunk, but even when I open it it's not what I expected, I have heard better pyramid subs!!
They are 4ohm dvc and I have them wire to 4 ohms, and have the amp bridged to 4 ohms mono, and it's the amps top! Thanks

Username: Pete0403

Post Number: 2
You have 2 4Ohm subs wired as a 4Ohm load? How?

That is your headunit's line level (RCA) voltage?

Bronze Member
Username: Jaackdeth

Burnett, WI United States

Post Number: 11
I have 2 dual 4ohms subs wired to 4 ohms at the amp yes!

Bronze Member
Username: Seawolfe

Bismarck, ND USA

Post Number: 33
DVC subs are flexible in their wiring capabilities.

take 2 4 ohm dvc subs. if you wire the coils in series on both and then wire the subs to the amp in parallel .. you get a 4 ohm load.

if you wire the coils in parallel and wire the subs to the amp in parallel .. you get a 1 ohm load

that said .. how do you have your coils wired on each of the subs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Is there a diagram to show how that would look?
And do you think my amp is big enough for these speakers? In won't run at 1 ohm. Thanks

Bronze Member

Bismarck, ND USA

Post Number: 34
Try this link

http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/index.html

It has a lot of examples

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks, So I did wire them right according to that diagram. Do you think my amp is just not big enough?? It will do 225rms x 2 at 2 ohms.
125rms x 2 at 4 ohms.
500rms x 1 bridged mono
into 4 ohms!

I have the amp bridged right now to get the 4 ohms to drive the subs! Is there a way to wire this dual 4 ohm subs so I can hook it up at 2 ohms at the amp?? Or wouldn't it matter.
Thanks so much for your help!!

Bronze Member

Bismarck, ND USA

Post Number: 37
So long as you wire each sub in series and then wire the subs to the amp in parallel you should be good. That is plenty of power for your subs .. probably more than you need. 500 bridged mono is 250 per sub at 4 ohms. I'm wondering if your subs are dmg'd now that I see you turned your gain all the way up.

If you wired your subs up as parallel and then wired them parallel to the amp you may have a problem with impendence mismatching. The bridged mode of your amp probably isn't 2 ohm stable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Hi,
Is there anyway you can break it down better?
It's not you, it's me. I am used to svc subs, and have never done this before. This was a present from my son, and he don't know either.
I turned the gain up only to get them to work better, I didn't run them that way!!!
Here is a link to that amp--- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D5720274819&ssPageName= STRK:MEWN:IT This setup is driving me nuts!! LOL I don't know if you could somehow draw it out, because all those websites are greek to me. I don't know if my amp is 2 ohm stable, but it can run on 2!!! Any advice you can give is so much appreciated!!! Thanks again!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Sorry, that link didn't work, but here is the whole ad-------------------
KICKER

KX500.2

This auction here is crazy low dollar for a GREAT amplifier, I have one of these that is pushing 2 old school C18d8's right now and @ 4 ohms is delivering 400 watts to each subwoofer @ 4ohms mono load.

And guess what!? It will do it all freakin day long!! LOL

I really think this is the best every day pusher you can get and check this bad price man!!! Dont miss this one bro!

wanna slam? Hook this to a dual 2 Ohm solo 12 or 10 in a Nice vented box wired to a 4ohm load!

You wont believe your ears!

You'll need to keep the gain down I guarantee it.

This set up Slams!

Its amazing on a sealed one too if you like that Gut busting PUNCH.

For this price, GET TWO!!! for real, they wont last long like this Bro.

Kicker's KX500.2 amplifier cranks out ultra-clean power and boasts a long list of cool features. The built-in variable crossover adjusts the frequency output of the amplifier for different applications. Looking for some low-end slam? Bump up the lows with up to 18 dB of bass boost at 40 Hz.

If you're building a multi-amp system, preamp outputs pass a full-range signal to a second amplifier. Speaker- and preamp-level inputs hook you into any system, even a factory radio. A protection circuit guards the amp against voltage problems or overheating.

Features:

stereo or bridged mono output
Tri-way capable ( Tri-way crossover required)
125 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
250 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
500 watts x 1 in bridged mode 4ohm load min and you get max Mono watts! well over 500 can be expected!
speaker- and preamp-level inputs
preamp outputs (pass full-range signal to another amp)
high-pass/low-pass crossover (variable 50-200 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
remote gain controller not included.
frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
requires 4-gauge power and ground leads -- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
unregulated Class A/B power supply offers a significant increase in power at 2 ohms
12-1/2"W x 2-5/8"H x 10-1/4"D
Specifications

Dynamic Power Rating (measured at 14.4V):

Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 570 watts x 1
Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 285 watts x 2
Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 205 watts x 2
Continuous Power Rating (measured at 13.8V):

Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 500 watts x 1
Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 250 watts x 2
Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 125 watts x 2
Manual? Need 1? OK! :-O) http://www.kicker.com/images/manuals/02KX300_400_500_800_2AmpManual.pdf

See pics, You will get what is in the pics

See my other auctions! Don't miss this KICKER FACTORY REFURBISHED BLOW OUT!

Check my other auctions, check all of them and my feedback. ;O)

What's Included

· 1 amplifier - black

· 1 shroud, plain aluminum w/ no emblem or painted stock grey. I cannot take requests, you will receive one or the other.

What this is : This is a great way to save money and still get the Big bas a$$ sound you have been looking for, You will receive a factory refurbished amplifier. The Refurbished scares people because of the slander the word receives on Ebay. I would not sell these at all if they were sub standard amps. They have been run through the Mill so speak, problem solved and Boom you get them for a HUGE SAVEINGS.

Amps are guaranteed working and just as described. Slight blemishes are not uncommon.

See pics.

Due to the extreme savings on this item and all the KX amps I have listed my shipping load has increased many times over, I will still ship as fast as humanly possible and you will still receive tracking for your items. A short delay of 1 or 2 days can be expected, but generally same day shipping can occur, I am disclosing these shipping facts so that you know I am working extremely hard to get these orders filled SUPER FAST. And I would like to add that I am Just one guy and that these are The cheapest prices anyone has ever offered on these fine amps, refurbished or not. THIS IS A FACTORY REFURB SMOKING HOT DEALB DO NOT MISS THIS SALE!!!

These will not last long at this price, I guarantee you that bro! COMPARE! This is cheaper than ANYWHERE.

Don't miss this KICKER FACTORY REFURBISHED KX Blow OUT!!!

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us