I need port help, praunto!!!

johnsimms
Unregistered guest
I build the box, its comes to 2.2 a side for the vmax 12's. But now I need to know where to put the ports!! I build the box so it sits in the truck on the back deck, with the speakers facing the truck and the a$$ end of the box facing the rear seats. This tight fit only leaves about 2 inches from the rear deck of the car. I originally put the ports on top, but then I realized that the ports are going into hole in the rear deck. Will this allow port noise to come into the car? If so, should I move the ports? and where should I put them. I could put the ports in the back of the box b'c I left 6 inches of open space between the rear sets and the box, or I can put them on the front plate of the box next to the speakers. Please let me know which idea is best?

P.S. Where I have the ports now, only 1 inch remains inside the box for the air to get out b/c the box is only 10.5 inches high and the port is 9.2 inches deep.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 826
what are your box demensions (lxwxh)power given to your subwoofers size of your woofers and desired tune frequency?

johnsimms
Unregistered guest
its kind of weird... it is build custom for my truck. its comes to about 2.10 cf a side w/o displacement for sub or port. I'm using (2) 12" v-max subs. The box is only 9 inches deep, only in the front of the box is it 11 inches deep. I want the bass to hit really hard and get all the low notes. I listen to r&b music and I want it extremely loud. I think I read the frequency should be 37-38 but I do not konw. I'm using a kicker kx600.1 mono class d amp, and I have a pioneer premier 760 headunit.

johnsimms
Unregistered guest
its kind of weird... it is build custom for my trunk. its comes to about 2.098333 cf a side w/o displacement for sub or port. I'm using (2) 12" v-max subs. The box is only 9 inches deep, only in the front of the box is it 11 inches deep. I want the bass to hit really hard and get all the low notes. I listen to r&b music and I want it extremely loud. I think I read the frequency should be 37-38 but I do not konw. I'm using a kicker kx600.1 mono class d amp, and I have a pioneer premier 760 headunit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us