Anybody know anything about basic electronic setup of TV's?

Silver Member
Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 187
Ok, so I found a flat screen TV at the dump today. The company that made it is symphonic, it is in fairly good condition, the only problem with it is that it shuts off at random after I turn it on, it usually wont stay on for more than like 15 seconds. Also when the TV is of there is a really faint buzzing noise. I have a Panasonic 27" HDTV myself but I wanna give this Symphonic TV to a friend of mine who doesnt have much. Does anyone know what the problem is and if there is any way I might be able to fix it myself? I know that this is the complete wrong forum for this question but everyone in here seems extremely knowledgeable so I figured Id ask it here. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 651
I have little experiance w/ TV's, but it sounds to me like a faulty power source converter thing. My dads big screen went on a bumb one day and there said it was a blown power source. You may want to call the customer service for the TV or take it to a shop.

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
do you know if i could do it myself? i dont wanna spend money on this thing.

Anonymous

do not do it yourself, unless you are very very good with high voltage electrical appliances, if you touch the wrong piece or cross anything not supposed to be cross it will most likely kill you. tvs and monitors and such have large power capacitors in them that hold largs amounts of electricity

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
even if the TV is unplugged??

Anonymous

yes, and if you did do it you need to be grounged to the tv. but ive been told by many people that it is very very dangerous to work on them because of the capacitors.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us