HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!

Username: Chubbs

Post Number: 1
IVE JUST BOUGHT A SPLX 350 WATT AMP TO RUN MY KENWOOD 6X9S THE ONLY THING IS I HAVE NOT GOT A CLUE ON WOT TO DO CAN NE 1 PLEASE HELP ME ?????????????????????????????????????

Username: Bass_lover

Post Number: 8
I'm assuming you mean how to hook the amplifier up so listen closley.
It sounds like a preety good amp so make sure there is a fuse with it, simply unhook the battery from the car (so we dont get electricuted) and mount the amp were ever you desire then simply run 8 or 16gauge wire from the ground terminal on the amp to the negitive terminal on the battery then run 4 gauge wire from the remote terminal on the amp to the ignition wire inside the dash (I think its orange) now run 8 or 16 gauge wire from the +12v terminal on the amp to the positive terminal on the battery (make sure you put the fuse on the +12v line). Thats the simplest way of explaining it so if you still dont understand take it down to a car sound shop and they'll do it profesionaly. (or just ask Glasswolf)

Username: Dr_crankenstein

Post Number: 15
Sort of what matt said. You would want to use 8 guage wire minimum for the power and ground. The constant power (red) goes directly to your battery's positive terminal. Hooking it anywhere else, such as a cigarette lighter plug, should not be done. Make sure you have an in-line fuse in the power wire at most 18 inches from the battery. For the remote wire (blue) you wire that to the remote/power antenna wire on your head unit. For the ground, bolt it to your vehicles chassis near the amplifier. The ground wire should either be the same guage or bigger than your main power wire. Use sandpaper to remove the paint on the area of the chassis where you plan to connect the ground wire. Next you wire your speakers up to it, connect the battery back up, and enjoy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us