Crossover help

xxwhatdadealxx
Unregistered guest
How do u hook up a crossover. im have 2 amps. i want one to go the subs and another to go to my front and rear speakers but the crossover is by itself. its individual and not combined to the amp itself. now the real question is that the front and rear speakers are already hooked up to the head unit. do i like cut the speaker wires from the head unit and wire it to the amp that will be connected to the crossover. i dont no. im cluless.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 137
wire your front and rear speakers to the amp you want them on then wire your sub to its amp. ANd your crossover should have RCA jacks that say something like high freq. output and low freq output and it should have one RCA input. that input is supposed to go to the head unit, then just run RCA's from each amp to the crossover to the apprpriate jacks; low freq for sub and high freq for full range speakers.
O yeah you will probably have to run a power and ground for the crossover. I dont know how good of an idea its but I ran my power wire from my crossover to my highs amp and made a ground for it. o and a remote wire also, I just ran it to the remote wire terminal on my highs amp also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us