Something I always wondered?

Bronze Member
Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 62
I always wonder whenever I watch P!mp my Ride, are the people at West Coast Customs good, I hear there electrical team is actually very knoweldgeable, if anybody knows about them could you help me out?

Anonymous

i just dont like how they face the subs some times and i dont think you want to spend that kind of money

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2001
They know what they're doing, but their equipment sucks.

Bronze Member
Username: Munkyjojo

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 53
i believe that the reason P!mp my ride uses this kind of equipment is because that is what is donated to them. I mean, West Coast Custms probably cant buy stuff for all the shows. Anyway,what better way to advertise a product then show it on TV put to use by professionals.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2014
Exactly. Just like Overhaulin etc. Overhaulin, wherever they film the show, even has the sponsors decals on the floor of whatever shop they're working in. If the network paid for all of it they'd be paying at least 30,000 a show just in parts. P!mp my ride seems to be sponsored solely by Audiobahn and Bazooka bass tubes. If Xzibit came to my door threatening to P!mp my ride, I'd slap him. They'd have to pry the Dynaudios out of my dead hands lol.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 141
rofl Nice, that made me laugh for at least 2 min straight lolololol

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 636
They know what there doing, but i agree that there equipment sucks. BUT, the people they do the cars for dont really care. They are not car audio people. They are probably happy just to have a CD player vs there other car. Also mostly all that stuff is basically given to them dirt cheap, because the company wants there logo on TV, just like Jegs in monster garage. But i have seen some of West Coast's top dollar work. And there a high end stuff put into those cars. 3 JL W7's with a suede/ plexy box in a football players H2.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2018
A lot of the cars they do for the show end up on ebay for a lot of money. I'm sure noone could complain with making 20,000 for some old Nissan maxima :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us