Tunning my box, Sean or Jon i need your help!!!

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 121
I have a 5 cubic foot box i made for 2 cerwin vega 12'' V-Max's, and i have 10 ft of 4 inch pipe, the specs say to have 3.5 inch pipe but 4 was the clostest that i could find( I have a contracters licence at ACE, so if i need to get a dif size i can just go get it for free)So my question is how many and how long should i have the ports, Also, how would i flare the ends? Needs to be tuned to close to 33-35 range, THANKX!

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 770
5.00 cf minus displacement for woofers should put you at about 34 hz with three 4 inch ports 15.75 inches deep and nice and low on port resistance

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 176
does this sound familiar sean?

Steven: don't forget to radius the interior part of the pipe, or you could stand a good chance of getting port noise. keep the ports at least 4 inches from the edge of the box, and 5 inches from the sub. other than that, as sean's dimension appear to be right, you should be good to go. happy bummpin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 126
thankx for the help guys!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 127
another question, what if i added another port, would that shorten it?? And can i put the ports on the side of the box??
Im about to make it right now and i need the info asap!

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 128
could i just have 2 ports and have them both 10'' deep?

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 133
ok, i ended up with a 4.3 cubic foot box, 2- 4'' ports 10'' long, 1 inch (before stapled) of fiberglass insulation on every side but the side the subs and ports are on. That work good?

Silver Member

Post Number: 773
yes you can run 2 ports with 4 inch pvc 9.5 inches deep for a 34 hz tune port volocity will still be low enough (.08 and it should be no higher than .16) put the ports on the front of the box or the top

Silver Member

Post Number: 774
we posted the same time let me check lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 775
if thats 4.30 cf before the insulation it will be 36 hz after the subs and ports and if that after insulation it will be about 37 hz

Silver Member

Post Number: 776
steven if you want the port tune lower do another layer of insulation it will add 10% box volume airspace boost

Silver Member

Post Number: 777
ok repost here i used wrong port length if its 4.30 after insulation its 36 hz if its 4.30 before insulation its 34.4 hz

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 136
It was 4.333336 somthing before insulation, then i stapled about an inch thick of fiberglass insulation on every side but the subs, then i put 2-4'' by 10'' long ports on the front between the subs

Silver Member

Post Number: 788
still should be about a 35 hz tune with the insulation accounted for and subwoofer displacement and ports .....do another inch thick insulation and you will be at 33 hz port tune after displacements with decent port volocity (.08)

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 138
yea, after i maxxed it out, i had some major port noise(well if you put your ear close to the ports), and the only way i can change the ports is to make a new box, any suggestions? And sean your my new best friend :P

Silver Member

Post Number: 790
posted by koz

Steven: don't forget to radius the interior part of the pipe, or you could stand a good chance of getting port noise. keep the ports at least 4 inches from the edge of the box, and 5 inches from the sub. other than that, as sean's dimension appear to be right, you should be good to go. happy bummpin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me....if this doesnt work we can do the 3 four inch ports
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us