Rca hookup


New member
Username: Stefiny

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 1
Registered: Sep-04
I just bought a 1996 mercury sable with a factory stereo and I wanted to know if there is a serperate rca hookup I can buy to hook up my subs in this car because I do not want to change the factory stereo out, but I want my subs in the car.


Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f


Post Number: 1888
Registered: May-04
You need to use a line out converter such as this one: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bWtnt0sB4JJ/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=101PL2&cc=01&sea rch=line+out+converter
This allows you to convert your head unit amplifier outs to RCA lines. Only option you have. I don't recommend splicing the lines to run speakers and the LOC together, however. Honestly, an aftermarket head unit with RCA preouts sounds a lot better. An LOC is prone to noise introduction into the system. If your head unit has high level inputs, you can just connect the rear channel speaker wires to the amp to get output.

New member
Username: Noblemobile

Van Nuys, CA USA

Post Number: 5
Registered: Sep-04
Also knowen as a Hi-Low converter. Don't buy a cheap one to save money, but you do get what you pay for so be carefull.

Bronze Member
Username: Forcesofchaos

Post Number: 56
Registered: Sep-04
hey jonathan could i do that with a lineout converter like connect it to rear speakers? and then bring it to amp?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us