AudioBahn AWP312T subs?

Username: Jason32812

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 2
Hi i was wondering if anyone has anything to say on these subs. I cant find any reviews on them, so mabey someone here has heard how they sound. I want to see about changing my subs from Audiobahn Alum12Q's to these subs because I rather have subs made for more SPL then SQ. Plus my amp could power a Pair of the AWP312T's perfectly. I have an Audiobahn HCT2300 AMP doin 1200watts x2 at 1 Ohm RMS. An awp312t handles 1200 watts rms so it would be perfect. But before I change the subs.. would it be worth goin from what I have now to a pair of awp312t's?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 185
I don't feel like opening another we page right now, lol, so what is the line-name for the awp? If I were you, I wouldn't get anything else in place of the alumq's, besides maybe the flame q's.

matt77
Unregistered guest
u could hit way harder with way less watts goin to subs audiobahns are power hogs wit crappy SQ but if u really want them get em its up to u but in my opinion u should get somethin better like V-max, shiva, perfect12.1,or some type R's.

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 3
well I already have a 2400 watt rms amp so why not make use of the watts? Also the Alum12Q subs I have do not have bad SQ, I just want something with more SPL. But people who have heard me Alum12Qs say they sound great and that they shouldnt even be considered audiobahns.

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 312
The amp you have, I serious doubt puts out 2400w RMS. SERIOUSLY doubt. That's why you're not getting the SPL. Audiobahns are power hungry sub as said above. They require a lot of TRUE power (if they don't melt) to get high output What brand/model of amp is it?

Anonymous

if that amp will REALY put out 2000+ watts....HOW BIG OF AN ALT. DO YOU HAVE TO SUPPLY THIS THING WITH POWER???

also...why audiobahn...thats just a waste of all that power!...if it puts out that much...

if you can get 2000+ watts from that amp...why not get some REALY GOOD subs, brahmas, x.x.x.'s, IDmaxs, Eclipse Ti, Treo, DD....something like those!!!

2 15" X.X.X.'s would be GREAT on 2400wrms!

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 4
My amp that puts out 2400watts rms is the Audiobahn HCT2300. And chances are I will keep My Alum12Qs.. they are good subs. My problem is I need a new alternator. I only have a 90 amp alternator in my silverado. I have a 1 farad cap and an optima yellowtop but my lights still dim. Im thinkin I will need at least a 200 amp alternator. Also, dont say Audiobahns suck - yes some audiobahns suck.. but Audiobahn has some sucky subs like any other brand. My alum12Qs hit hard as hell for SQ subs. Right now I have one of the best.. or I DO have the best system at my school, due to my custome work done to get such a big amp and 2 12's under my back bench seat ( i have the amp sunk into my box). Anyway all I know is my amp isnt even getting half the power it should and I get many compliments anyway from people at school that hear/see my system. One quote: "Those arent damn Audiobahns, those are f&*kin s.atans!"

Username: Dirtwarrior

Post Number: 6
i have two audiobahn 10" 600 watt rms subs, i just got two 10" infinity kappa perfectDVC subs, i hooked one of each of them up in my room and heres my opinion. Audiobahn hits a little harder, but its not sound quality at all, its like hittin a rock against metal, it has sloppy bass, but it does hit hard, now the infinity's hit clean and clear at any volume, they don't hit that much less, but its 100% clean, and if you want harder base, just turn it up!!!! Now i know the audiobahns that i got aren't the aluminum series, but thats just my opinion. Like you, i was just looking at WATTS, the more the better, but after reading a lot of these guys letters, i learned that wattage isn't everything,
good luck

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 5
well the alum series makes a big difference, and im sure the audiobahn awp312T that i was wondering about are good to, because they have an Aluminum cone as well, but I am not sure cause i cant find any reviews good or bad on them.

Username: T_zilla2004

Post Number: 1
I'm looking at 2 audiobahn AW120T's for 75 a piece. I have a MTX 801D mono amp. The guy that i know said that they would pound the crap out of my blazer just wondering on how good those subs are.

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 7
trevor don't thats the worst model you can buy from audiobahn... look at the magnet size.... 60 o.z. my 6.5 mid bass drivers have 30 oz mags and thier jus door speakers.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
i was thinking about bying 2 alum10q audiobahns with the a2300hct amp it is going under the back seat of a z71 wood that sound better than 2 rockford 10 punch at 400 watts or the audiobahn subs at 800 watts r.m.s
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us