BandPass Help Plz???

slowcar
Unregistered guest
I want to no what i should tune my Bandpass to.My subs have a frequency response of 35Hz to 2.2kHz. thanks for any help.

slowcar
Unregistered guest
The Bandpass is a 4th order.

slowcar
Unregistered guest
can anyone help me Plz.

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 188
ah yes the 4th order pand bass box its my fave well i dont know how to tune it because once its built its built the only way to tune it is by port lenth if you used a port that you insert into the box then what you do is you find a song that has a decent bass tone to it that is some what consistant and you slowly insert the port tell that tone gets the loudest and/or clearest then you cut the port to that lenth i have never done this but that is the only thing that i can think of

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 180
you can also download the nch tone generator and burn discs to the freq. that you want to continuosly play while you trying to tune your box. lost the site, but if you google nch tone generator, I'm sure you can find it, plus it should be in previous posts of a couple weeks ago, that's how I found it.

Bronze Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 78
A bandpass box needs to be built for a specific driver using its TS parameters to find the correct volumes for the front and rear chambers and the tuning frequency of the port to perform at its best. Why bother with the difficulty of bandpass when there are other easier design that won't sound like **** if you build them wrong?

On the other hand as I've got shares in PVC tube,MDF and carpenters glue and the fact those bandpass boxes are just so cute checkout this site

www.colomar.com/Shavano/4thorder_info.html

What more could you ask for?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us