Neone no anything about JL

Username: Mikeycaldarone

North Providence, Rhide Island United States

Post Number: 10
My friend is gettin 2 10" W6V2's any suggestions for an amp. If you find one with links please leave links.

Bronze Member
Username: Sixstar

Post Number: 56
Lots to choose from.

How much cash? What DVCs does he have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
he has about 500 to spend

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
and if u have en websites that have cheap ones please send the link

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1886
W6v2s are dual 4 ohm subs. The newer Kicker 850.2 would work well, wire the coils in series, then the subs in parallel. Bridge the amp and it'll put out 850 watts RMS. I saw them here: http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=337&1=338&3=2481
Very solid amp with great SQ.

Username: Ericaraudionut

Post Number: 6
no offense jonathon, but unless this dude can get a hell of a deal on it, kicker is way overpriced.do kicker amps even state a damping factor? you kids will blow money on anything these days.

Bronze Member
Username: Sixstar

Post Number: 61
1. I didn't realize that the W6v2s were all 4ohm. Sorry for not checking.

2. Eric- He just posted a link where the amp is going for $447. And its a very good amp.

You can also get an Orion 8002. The go for quite a bit cheaper than the Kicker in most cases, and are also very good.

Post Number: 9
Orion in my past experience is great stuff, if you can save money, save it dude. a watt is a watt. don't buy into a name. Ever heard of viper, clifford, avital, or ads? A company called directed electronics makes them. same company that makes orion. it's good stuff.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1893
If you don't like the recommendation, then post your own. It was just my opinion on what would work well. He stated a $500 budget, and that amp fit within that category on the link I gave him. It's a very well built amp with great SQ and underrated in power. I'm 36, by the way, not exactly what you'd call a kid :-).

Post Number: 10
one more thing before i go, if you have the money to spend soundstream is to die for. they have some on that same link posted earlier. if you want underrated power this stuff is great.notice damping factor is stated by them. anything greater than 250 is very good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
jonathon, didn't mean to insult you, I sell/install this stuff for a living (3yrs). I just get tired of seeing kids throw their money away on a name. g-night everyone.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1895
No, no offense taken at all, I wasn't insulted. I was just curious about what alternative you may have had in mind.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i might jus buy a 10" W7 abd run it wit a JL amp 500/1 would that be a good system? Make suggestions if u think it wuld be a good system

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1902
I think it'd be good IF you want to spend the money. It's all in personal taste. Also, tell your friend to look on ebay for the older KX800.2, it'll power the subs well and is cheaper than the amp I posted above.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us