Box help

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 110
Would 3 3.5 inch ports 15 inches long be good enough in a 5 cubic feet enclosure for 2 12'' V-Max's? I have a 1200w sony class A-B amp

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 754
port volocity would be great nice and low and your port tune would be about 30 hz is fine if you want it ported that low

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 111
Thankx for post, how would i tune it higher?i listen to alot of tripple six mafia and rap music, and love cranking it up. And one other question, how can you tell if your 6x9's are blown? Because mine is making a weird cricket sounding noise....Thankx

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 760
if you shorten your ports this will raise the tune ...as for the cricket sound im not sure but as you figure im sure its not good maybe you can hope for the best and check your wiring back there maybe its loose

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 113
Hey, Thankx alot, now prolly the last question, how short would i make all of them to get it to the recomended 33 Hz? And it says to line the inside of the box with 1 '' of fiberglass insulation, the top sides, and back, should i have to do that? And how would i minimise port noise if i used PVC pipe? THANK YOU!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us