Alpine type E's vs X.X.X

Anonymous

Hey my friend and I got into an argument about this:

On a strictly SPL level since "He don't give a *explicit word here* about SQ" Which subs will have a better SPL rating. His 2 12" Alpine Type E's in a sealed box powered by an 800 watt mono amp (Audiobahn, ewww). Or my 1 12" X.X.X in a ported box with a 29 hz tuning powered by a JBL 1200.1. Want to settle this once and for all...

Bronze Member
Username: Spanky

Post Number: 73
wow do i even ahve to answer this ur friend has got to be seriously retarded TYPE X duhhhh

Bronze Member
Username: Cb9869

Post Number: 19
no one can really tell with out it being metered but putting in some of the factors you gave us, the x.x.x. in my opinion will be louder. type of car might give people a better idea as well. Install is everything.

Bronze Member
Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 45
most likely, even though he has more surface area, you have the edge in being ported over his sealed and excursion. i dont know if that jbl amp will push your x x x to full excursion, and i advise you dont try, clipping is not worth destroying your sub.

Silver Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 140
ok the xx xwill definly be louder. the type es are budget subs. i have a friend who bough them and they are not loud at all. and a 800 watt amp is giving them way to much power. with one 12 xx x u will hit mid 140s depending on the vehicle. definatly go with the xx x

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1884
Assuming the same car, sound deadening, etc., the X.X.X. will hit harder. Stronger motor, more linearity, more excursion, ported box, more power.

Anonymous

If anyhting my car is smaller and will have more sound deadening so I WIN! Yay, thanks guys.

Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 6
ive heard about these reaudio x.x.x. subs but i havent been able to find them anywhere... anyone have a site besides www.reaudio.com? thx

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1907
You have to order directly from RE, mail their sales dept. Prices for the X.X.X. are as follows:
X.X.X 10"- $395
X.X.X 12"- $405
X.X.X 15"- $435
X.X.X 18"- $475

Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 7
wow.... ppl were tellin me there cheap... but it dont bother me...thx tho... do u kno alot about these subwoofers?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1910
Yes, I've listened to a couple of them. That might look expensive to you, but considering the material quality of the sub and the subs that they compare to, they actually are relatively cheap. Compare them to a W7 and you'll see what I mean. They hit very hard while maintaining excellent SQ. Extremely linear response from them up to full output, meaning you'll still have great SQ when it's really loud.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us