Ford Ranger '03 Speaker Replacement

Unregistered guest
Hi, I'm replacing the speakers in my Ranger, it's an '03, not extended cab. I'm looking to replace the original crap that's in there. I have the originals in the front and a set of some infinity references that are shot in the rear. (Crutchfield says that I can fit 5x7/6x8 and 5.25s in front and back.) I just wondered what my options were for speakers replacements that would be intelligent and sound good. I don't mind spending some money on some good sound that I can turn up loud. I was looking at the Infinity 5x7s and getting an amp for them all around, but I've also been reading many of the threads on this BBS so I wasn't sure. Component systems seem good but I'm not too educated in that section. Any help would be appreciated.

Jake Davis
Unregistered guest
I was looking at the Infinity Kappa 50.5cs 5.25" Component System which is on Crutchfield for 279.99, plus an amp obviously. I was also looking at, speaker wise, Infinity Kappa 572.5cf 5x7s front and back, plus an amp. Assuming this is my price range (500-600$ for everything?), what would an intelligent option be for my situation? I would imagine only one set of components for my car since it's only a truck cab. Also, I read about midbass speakers in the back and full ranges in the front. I do have an MTX RoadThunder sub behind the seats so that pretty much fills out the sub area, but whatever will sound good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us