Optima Batteries

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 130
What's the difference between yellow top and red top batteries from optima? Is one better than the other? also, can anyone direct me to a website that will tell me what will fit my car? I have an 92 acura legend.

Anonymous

Sears is a place where I got my optima, they can help you there.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 708
all i can tell you for sure is yellow top is better than red top and red top is good because i have one and am very impressed i cant imagine how much better yellow top is than my red but just a suggestion here if your getting the battery for system purposes as a second battery look into batcap bateries they are 149 bucks shipped on ebay and take no extra pieces to hook up two batteries like at battery islolator unlike other batteries and the batcap is about 5 pounds sealed unit

Bronze Member
Username: Saosin

Post Number: 23
i beileve yellow tops are considered deep cycle batteries so u can leave your car off and leave your system on, i have a red top and it does the job, now i'm workin on getting a HO alternator

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 585
Optima batteries are some of the best you can buy. They make 3 main models. Red, Yellow and Blue. The Blue top is for marine usage (boats). The Red top is regular starter battery, like whats in your car now but with different technology. A yellow top is a Deep Cycle (cell) battery, this battery is very powerful. It is ment to be run by itself (trunk) or in place of a starter battery. The yellow top is also made to be run constantly (hours and hours) with out needing a boost from the alternator. This is why they are prime for car audio. The yellow tops avg. $130, reds are about $100. It is a really good investment to a car with a system or even with out, because the system will take alot less out of a yellow top rather than a stock battery. A OPTIMA BATTERY WILL NOT REPLACE AN ALTERNATOR. Dont buy one of these thinking it will replace the need for a bigger alternator (if desired), but a Optima is a good place to start.
You may want to check this link out, great deals on Optimas- purchased mine through these guys, very good.
http://www.tna-sports.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=browse&id=85104

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 709
my optima red top stopped my headlights light dimming at idle on a heavy note from almost completly out (with a factory battery) to maybe a lttle less then half out

and really cold starts in the winter are much better than a factory battery too

Username: Lowliffe

Orange County, CA

Post Number: 8
I got a Blue top in my 1992 camaro did i get the wrong one? I was told that blue was top of the line was i miss inform?

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 588
Yeah, you were told wrong, a Blue top is marine usage for boats and water craft, it is extra sealed and is made to run by it self (a boat dont have no alt.) I would see if you could get a different one- or trade it from the place you bought it. A Yellow or Red is what you need.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us