Hey guys I need some help

Username: Dabeast34

Post Number: 2
What up, i just bought a 10" sony xplod sub the other day and i have no idea what kind of amp i need for best sound. The sub is a 700 watt so i dont know what would be the best kind of amp for that, i only have one sub so please help me out and let me know what kind of amp i need.

Username: Greemcock

Post Number: 5
stick a piece of metal thrue your skin and connect your ground wire to that metal so it will shock the shhhittttt out of you....

Post Number: 5
wtf is your problem?

Username: Alpha_male

Post Number: 3
What he is trying to say is that you would be wasting your time looking for a good amp with that sub. Sony dose not make good SQ subs, they do not make good SPL subs, I guess that you could say that they do not make good subs. Sorry man but you would be better of just returning that thing and saveing up for something better. P.S. if you do stick with that sub, DO NOT RUN 700 WATTS INTO IT.

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 164
If you decide to keep it use like an XTANT A6001T or a MTX 342 or maybe the Orion 3002. But I would seriously consider looking in to a different sub.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 103
What I would do is forget that you may have purchased a non-top of the line sub, but make sure you DON'T go the same route to "match" an amp to that sub quality-wise. Get something really good like what Mazda suggested and then if you reach a point in time where that Sony sub is not good eough anymore you're all set for an upgrade.

Don't waste your money on a cheap amp, You'll just have to buy another one to effectively upgrade your sub later.

-Fishy

Post Number: 7
So would it just be better to take back the sub that i have now and to save my money for a better sub, i dont really know what kind of sub would be a good sub, but i get the point of getting a top of the line amp.

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 116
I would say taking back the sub would be an even better idea :-) and there are plenty of knowledge people here who are ready, willing, and able to suggest something better. Just give us your vehicle, your price range, what equipment you have already, and possibly what your looking for music-wise(rap, rock, or jazz, sound quality or SPL) Unforunately I'm not up on the latest stuff or I'd try and help, but I know I've always been most satisfied when I've waited for the "best".

-Fishy

Juggalo Jeff
Unregistered guest
keep that sub sony will pound u so hard the sub will xplod whooooooo sony sony sony!!! *crickets* *gunshot to head*

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
so pretty much what u guys are sayin is that sony xplods blow, then what kind of subs should i be lookin into?

Anonymous

W7 is the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 203
See if you can go out and listen to a few. For the budget minded a lot of people here have beeen recommending the Cerwin Vega Vmax. See if you can find a local shop that carries Vega and go give em a listen. Apparently you can snag these subs for under a 100 bucks off the web. Adire Shivas @ 125 ea have also been recommended a lot here but I doubt you'd be lucky enough to find a local shop that carries them.

-Fishy

Bronze Member
Username: Metall1cfan

Post Number: 25
cmttrading.com had a nice selection of audio equipment for good prices...ive bought from them before...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us