Three S12L5 subs

Bronze Member
Username: Mfgirbaud05

Post Number: 44
ok what amp would you recomend me getting to push these three S12L5 (Dual 2 ohm) subs. should i get two dif amps? one big one to push the two subs then another half that size to push the 3rd one? or is there one big amp i can use to push all three. what type of box should i get ? do they got boxes for three 12"s ?

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 644
jbl 1200.1 running all three

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp

1.75 to 3.25 cubic ft. each subwoofer ported

Silver Member

Post Number: 645
heres one of the listings on ebay for the amp but check to make sure there isnt any of the same amps cheaper

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797%26item%3D5721364010 %26

Silver Member

Post Number: 647
2 cubic ft box max if you go sealed each speaker but ported will hit harder

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
with that amp i will only be able to get a 1.34 or a 3 ohm load. what would be the best way to wire it. with a 3 ohm load or a 1.34 ohm load?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 360
the 1.34 would be great for the JBL amp, its very stable at 1ohm and you arent doing quite 1 ohm so you should be straight to bump for a pretty good long time before that amp breaks a sweat...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
how many watts RMS would be running to each speaker if i do the 1.34 ohm load ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
or you think i should get four S12L5 subs and run them to two MA AUDIO HK1998 (600 Watts RMS x 2 @ 2 ohm)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
or do you think i would be good with 2 12"s for now ? with one MA AUDIO HK1998.????

Anonymous

ma audio amps usaully run hot and cut off so try to find something efficient that won't shut off a lot

Silver Member

Post Number: 651
one thing you have to keep in mind is how much room do you have in your car where your installing these subwoofers then if you have the room decide if the cost is woth the gain youll prob only gain about 1.5 db adding the third 12 or you could save your money on the third and just go with two and power the subwoofers to their full potential at 2 ohms on that amp...and as far as the maaudio stuff stay away over rated power wise loud pop noise on power up (not good from qality point of view)(i know we carried ma audio at the car stereo shop i worked at) and generally not as good of a choice as the jbl amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
i got as much room as i need, i got a ford aerostar van. do you think i should get the two S15L5 instead of the two 12"s ? it'll cost like 60 more dollars for the 15's, would it be worth it? and should i run then two 15's to a Hifonics BX1500D amp at 1 ohm because that amp is 750 Watts RMS x 2 @ 1 ohm.

Silver Member

Post Number: 654
well ok i see you have the area covered for the box so onto the woofers. I assume your buying the solobarics off ebay and last i looked you can do them for about 200 shipped which is a very good price. As far as the 15's question it depends on what your looking for the 15's will drop lower but be a little less accurate in sound quality generally for a good mix of drop and sound quality I like 12's. Now as far as the amp question honestly id skip the hifonics they are decent amps but not true on power ratings (over rated power wise) and also heard they tend to get a little hot. The other area you want to keep in mind is the alternator if you go with a beefy amp (one like the jbl 1200.1 has 120 amp fuse which wont be reached but will still draw close to that) you going to be pulling alot from your cars alternator which is prob no more than 100 amps. Now add in the fact youll need some decents highs and an amp to keep up with the bass your looking at more draw off the alternator so id invest in upgrading the alternator if your going to do this and skip the caps and extra batteries (alternator upgrade just makes the most sense).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
i'll probably just stick with just getting the two 12's instead,and probably that JBL 1200.1 amp. will i still need to upgrade my alternator, and if so what kind should i get and how much would it be around.

Silver Member

Post Number: 656
depends on the car and the amount of amp draw from two amps but generally go 200 amp plus if you can

i think one place to get an alternator is www.4alterstart.com there are others also but i cant remember them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us