Head unit turns off when i turn headlights on???

Username: Skema

Manch, NH US

Post Number: 9
Hey I have a pioneer deck I just bought off a friend. Its in great condition, so i dont suspect anything is wrong with it.

I hooked up the wires yesterday, I did a good job, but I had to wire them as best I could considering few of the colors matched up. (BTW, I have a 94 oldsmobile achieva). Everything seems to work fine other than the fact that sound completely dissapears when the headlights turn on and until I restart the car. When I lose the sound, the deck stays on and the display is still doing its funky sh1t along to the beat of the music, but all sound is gone.

I dont know why it is doing this, can I get some suggestions???

Username: Skema

Manch, NH US

Post Number: 10
anyone???

Username: Dinkster9

Post Number: 9
So when you turn the car on the sound is non existant, but the deck is acting like its going along on its marry way? What happens when this happens and you just turn the deck off then back on? (this wakes up my speakers/deck) when it decides not to play sound. Also (although not likely) that maybe your lights dimmer switch (which is usually located down near the deck somewhere) was wired to something wrong in the deck causing problems when you turn the lights on?. My car is ancient, my deck is an arkayic clarion...When i turn the car on usually i get no sound, so i power the deck off and back on, i hear a loud boom/static sound, then everything starts working again. Course for being non car equiptment learned :-) i think your average installer would be impressed with what i did down there!

noblemobile
Unregistered guest
Get a test light & use it. Your ground is probally hooked up wrong. The dimmer will give a negitive signal until turned on. Find the ground with the lights on.

bazz
Unregistered guest
as noblemobile has stated you have hooked your earth wire of the deck to the illumination wire of the car, to avoid this happening you should earth the head unit to the chassis, especially because it is high powered and the earth in the loom maybe insufficient

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 127
its the flux capicitor
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us