Installation Please Help! 9.22

Username: Aznsoccerstar11

Post Number: 6
OK the first time around I had my subs done for me...this time i just bought a 2004 model of the same subs and I am keeping the same box.. I already sold the older models and such. I received the new subs, but it seems like there is no wire to attach from the subs to the back of the box like there were in the old ones. i guess its the wire harness i am not sure. so I am not sure how to connect the subs to the box which connects to the outside of the box going into the amp. please help! thanks in advanced

Post Number: 7
the subs are kicker comp cvr 12" 4ohms

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 56
ok, we need to know what your amp is

Bronze Member
Username: Wrestlertreece

Post Number: 95
Unless he just dosent know how to hook up a sub..LOL

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 57
or he's smart enough to realize that to low of an ohm load could ruin his amp

Post Number: 8
man the system as a whole is fine...its just im missing a wire harness.... is this help or what? i have the power acoustik spl 1600 watt amp 4ohm... the amp to sub connection is fine...i am just missing the wires that connect the sub to the electrical part on the back of the box from the inside... i have the wire that connects from the amp to the back of the box from the outside. i dont admit to be some smart A** obviously that is why i am asking the questions to people whom i assume know more than me....

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 155
Ok I assume it was hooked up stereo. There are 2 "pair" of speaker wires running to you box right? If there's just one "pair" or just two wires we have problems. Are there two sets of input jacks on the box? If there are then we're ok.

You're gonna have to make your own harness. Get a hold of a crimping/wire stripping tool, some speaker wire and a dozen or so .25" female blade connectors(quick disconnects). If your speaker box terminals are like mine they have male blades like those on the sub. Cut and strip an appropriate amount of wire and and crimp those female blades on each end. Find the positive terminal on your speakers and connect one end of your harnesses to the subs. Connect positive to the positive connection on each speaker terminal(red). repeat with the negatives and you're done.

-Fishy

Post Number: 9
thanks FIshy! I was thinking that you just said it... yea there are 2 "pairs" of wires and they connect 2 each to one side of the box and the amp... everything is fine it was just there were no harnesses, i guess the guys who did it professionally made a nice harness cuz it worked well.... where can i get the .25 inch female blades? is there a possible tutorial or diagram?

i live in orlando you can come make it...lol jk
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us