Jonathan do you know?

Bronze Member
Username: Suicideshifter

Bristolville, Ohio United States

Post Number: 37
What does the red and green lights mean on a JBL 600.1?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1622
It's simply green is power and red is protection if I remember correctly. Is it giving you trouble?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
yeah, my subs will cut out for about two seconds and when they do the green light turns off and the red light turns on. it does it when i turn it up, am i pushing them to hard or what?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1633
May be a current delivery problem. Do your lights dim? If not, it's either heat trouble (not likely) or voice coil trouble or some form of short.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
my lights dont dim so that means it's gotta be in the sub then. that sucks.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1710
That depends, push on the sub cone lightly, if it sounds scratchy, that's probably a voice coil. How high is the volume when this begins to happen, really loud or just getting started? When you just turn on the amp, or after it's been running for a while? If you've got a meter, you can check the voice coil impedance, it should be within 1 ohm of whatever the sub is rated at. If it is, the coils are ok. If the coils are good and the sub performs normally (sounds normal) then you probably have an amp failure, assuming it's not a current delivery problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
it happens whe the volume is up loud, and when the amp is running for a while. im running shivas in parallel and i aint to sure of what it could be. it mainly happens when a loud and hard hitting part of the song happens. when the bass and the volume are up high. i'll try pushing on the cone to see if it's the subs. thanks

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1721
Shouldn't be the subs then if they don't sound weird. I still think it may be a current delivery problem, or thermal protection since it happens when driving the amp hard for a while. You may want to try readjusting your gain, you may be clipping hard. Does it go into protect, then come right back on not long after that, or stay off for a while?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
my subs dont sound scratchy when i push on the cone. it does it if i turn the bass up hard, and it don't take long for it to start after i turn it up. yeah, it only will turn on protection for about a second or two. could the amp be drawing to much power and there isnt any to take so then protection comes on?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us