MTX Audio Thunder801D vs. HiFonics Brutus BX1500D

Bronze Member
Username: Crappycarguy

Post Number: 22
If you had to choose one of these two amps to run at 2 ohms these are the 2 I am picking out of. Im not just looking at whatever one puts out the the highest watts what would be better on sound quality and be a better quality build etc...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
come on now guys

Bronze Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 96
If 800w+ @2ohms is enough power, and you don't plan on using the 1500w of 1ohm power that the BX1500d can provide the definately go for the MTX. Better made amp, more reliable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I need some input here i cant make decisions :-p

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
does it have better sq?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
Well, they are both class D amps....so there is more distortion than a A/B amp. I would say that MTX has better SQ but not so that you'll notice.

Look at the THD of each amp...My 801D was tested @ .421% Most class D amps just guarantee less than 1%. I've never used them side by side so I can't tell you for sure.

Username: Thedirk

Potsdam, NY

Post Number: 5
class a b D doesnt matter unless your going to a compotion... the normal ear can never notice... thats a bunch of bull in my opinion, i kno alot about electronics, not just amps, cell phones computers, take any amp apart, and you will see inside they all use basicaly the same parts, its all quality in constroction............class my A$$! you cant tell the difference unless its hooked up to a machine!

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 183
well for high power subs you generally wanna go w/ class D...it has much less current draw than a class A/B...D's are about 80% efficient.

you cant hear the distortion if it is under 10% anyways.

in my opinion the MTX is a better amp, that is if you only need 800@ 2ohms...mtx make good amps

hifonics amps are a little lower quality, but they are good too...mtx is just a little better.

Anonymous

Someone's never had a Macintosh or a Zapco amp...I'd say there's a difference. But I don't know anything....

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
Let me clarify. An MTX Class D vs Hifonics class do, you won't notice any difference. Nor an MTX class D vs. An MTX class A/B on a sub.

However, I do believe that when you get into porfessional amps like Zapco, Macintosh, US, IMO you would notice the difference.

Username: Diamond4life

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsing US

Post Number: 1
I bought a remanufactured 801d over 2years ago and thing has been flawless ever since, its built solid and lasts along time. Dont know about the Hifonics amp though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us