What should i do to make my subs the loudest they can be

Username: Crazy3rdgen

Long Neck, Delaware U.s

Post Number: 1
Hey i have 2 kicker vr comp 15's in a small box because of the lack of space i have, its at the lowest cf it can be.. i have like a pound of polly fill in her or alittle less. I was thinking of throwing a port dead smack in the middle. i have a rf1001 bd amp. what do yous suggest..?i want her loudER
email me, send an instant message at sean001134 or just reply to this.. here are some links for pictures of my setup

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?fg=FFFFFF&bg=000000&migratio n=1&image=http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/496000-496999/496369 _26_full.jpg

and another

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?fg=FFFFFF&bg=000000&migratio n=1&image=http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/496000-496999/496369 _14_full.jpg

just think of a port right in the middle... is the box too small to make it louder using a port?

Username: 95neonman

Post Number: 1
Get some 15" L5's!!!

Long Neck, Delaware U.s

Post Number: 2
lol with my 15' kicker comps im talken about not a solo baric anthony

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 154
And no, don't get L5s....you'll be mutch happier long term with your CompVRs

Username: Hifonics

Post Number: 7
yup solobarics have some seriuos stress points

Long Neck, Delaware U.s

Post Number: 3
But what do you think will happen with subs in their smallest cf box with a port in it? i have no divider what so ever

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 75
if i was you, i would try making a bigger box, but flatten it out so you used all the space avalable, then make a slot port towards the and of the box by the trunk, or 2 ports right in the middle like you said, i think either would work fine

Long Neck, Delaware U.s

Post Number: 4
for one i didnt say i was willing to go build another box : ( i just wanted to kno if it would be louder if i threw a port in the middle as everything is set up now... i dont feel like having to make a whole nother box it was harder then u think.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 117
a port would be alright, but you would be much better off moving the box in towards your rear seat, and remaking part of it. If you move it in towards the seat you can make it taller thus giving you more room, thus in essence making them louder, plus you could then mount your amp on the back of the box. Plus the that if you wanted you could then ad a port or 2 to the back of the box, aimed at the rear of the car which should help tremendously. Just an idea. I know you don't want to make another box, but redoing the spreaders should be fairly easy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
Nice loooking box though

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
nice looking box though!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 84
Yeah looks cool. I wouldn't wanna change it either.

-Fishy

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
Just thought of it, since you poly in her already, and if you put a port in, you'll have to retain the poly one way or the other. The air on the inside of the box will push her out.

Long Neck, Delaware U.s

Post Number: 5
hey koz yeah you just gave me the sickest idea check out this attacment picture i just drew up...i'll have to calculate all of my cf.. what do you think is the best cf for 2 kicker vr comp 15's ported anyone? also how many ports? where at? how to make a good port.. please help me : ) i'll probably just build another box shouldnt be to0 hard just better be worth it right lol Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
Sean nice idea the only thing I see tghat I would change would be to angle the sub end just a bit to get the sound waves bouncing off the roof. If you figure the angle of the dangle right you should be able to pop your head off your shoulders if you know what I mean. lol
Also you may want to run a center divider and then run 2 ports, but I personally like the from port idea better. Or you could refine it a little further and run a slot port over the top of the two subs. I gotta picture of one somewhere, I'll look it up in the morning, and try to post the general idea if you don't understand what I'm saying. That drawing looks a lot like something that goes into a camaro. What are you drivin?? What freq. you tuning to.?
And on the lighter side, I see you are from long neck Del. You couuld always find one of those plastic bud bottle banks and cut it in half and mount it to the top of the box. lol. That thing is gonna take up your whole hatch man. That ought to be awsome to look at. Besides the cubes you are gonna get out of a box that freaking big.
I'd like to hear that.

Long Neck, Delaware U.s

Post Number: 6
thanks thanks.. im driving an 89 rs camaro i love to build stuff and look at it as a challenge! i love your idea of slot ports on top of each sub with a divider in the middle hah omg so sicK!!! here's the link on cardomain.. my cars in the shop getting painted , sheduled for this week.. when i get it back i will begin the build up.
we'll talk about it tommorrow.. i have nothin else to do tomorrow lol ttyt thanks for the help!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/crazy3rdgen

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 586
hmm i think i like the idea of this box but make sure you give the ports room to breathe

Silver Member

Post Number: 587
ports on top of the subs doesnt sound like a good idea but maybe i cant picture what you are saying guys ps....sean you posted before the one i was repling too concerning my previous post

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
sean; don't think he's puttin em on top of the subs. from the drawing he's putting them back by the hatch or where his subs are setting now.

sean G. the only other thing I can think of is maybe putting a wall x amount back from the subs and hinging the top. That way you could put the amp where it couldn't be seen. Hope that makes sense. I'll try and draw you something up in the morning, or tomorrow evening after work.

silver member sean; answer your email lol
i gotta get to bed. I get up at 4 in the morning, and it's 12 now.

Long Neck, Delaware U.s

Post Number: 7
damn ur on a hard schedule there koz lol.. i was thinken ports here? but i think they have to be close to the mdf like 3-4 inches and not be air born like this.. im not sure help me out heres a new pic of what im talken about.. i want to see ur pics on what u would think!! thanks for the help tonz Upload

Long Neck, Delaware U.s

Post Number: 8
just tryen to find out where the ports should go.. i was experimenting.. whats the best place for a port on this box .. SPL!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 609
me and my bother whos been in car stereo about as long as me agree we would put the port at the back of the box firing up off the glass for reinforced sound

Silver Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 116
I wouldn't put the amp on the box. It can break the amp because it shakes the inside of the amp and moves around the parts.

Long Neck, Delaware U.s

Post Number: 9
1 on each side of the divider? wont that like make my hatch window blow up lol...maybe i could do this on each side? like this.. any other suggestions? SPL!!!! i want it as much as possible lol.. anyone want to draw up a pic like me it would be greatly appreciated :-)
Upload

Long Neck, Delaware U.s

Post Number: 10
yeah john thats true.. i wont do that

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
sean G. send me your e-mail address and I'll fire you some drawings and let you know some other things I thought of as an afterthought.
Mine is koz1031@msn.com I got it drawn up but can't seem to get it imported to here, I'll just attatch it to an email, then we can disscuss. Ok
By the way sorry I didn't get on lastnight, but I was in bed at like 9:15. 12 hr days are a killer.

Bronze Member

Long Neck, Delaware U.s

Post Number: 11
sent sean001134 wrote you an email : )
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us