Wiring kits

Bronze Member
Username: Pdivvy5

CT United States

Post Number: 22
What are the differences in wiring kits, and do i need a really good one? Also, how do i know how big of a fuse i should get?

Silver Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 151
The main difference is the quality of the different products. For instance, the power and ground cables. If your getting something like a Stinger piece of 8 ga versus a Scosche, the stinger will have a higher thread count, therefore higher ammounts of current can be pushed across the wire. In addition, the RCA's can make a difference, now I've never seen someone get a descent amp wiring kit that actually came with like shielded RCA's, but generally the cheap ones come with a real standard RCA that barely gets the job done. No shielding twisting etc. If your one of those people who just want a set of subs in their car just to show it off around town(which is okay(just don't disturb the piece or play it loud at night)) then just get any wiring kit, you won't notice a difference except that your still 40+ dollars richer. Otherwise, consider parting your own wiring kit together, or finding a more high end one.

Silver Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 152
Fuse really depends on ammount of current, if you wanna learn about fuses go to www.bcae1.com, they have a section on fuses, i think you'll enjoy it.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 13
Sorry Donald but the thread count does not change the resistance of the wire. Electricity is repeled from itself, so it only travels down the outside of a wire. Thats why 4 guage alows more electrons to flow thru than the same wire in an 8 guage. The reason there is more strands in your higher price wires is their ease of install. The larger the wires, the harder it is to bend around corners, and so on.

Unregistered guest
I've Ran 4 Gauge all the way back and not only was it hard to do, but Worth it, Dont see any reason of getting anything bigger!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us