Bp600.1 jbl dimming and bass and some more questions

Anonymous

so I got the 600 jbl amp but now I the fuse onfront where ther battery keeps blowing, and the lights dim at night and the light on the amp also dim so what do you think it is, do I need a new more powerful alternator or like the guy who instaled it said I just need to change the 8 gauge wire to a 4 gauge? and for some reason my firends say my amp is cheap because his two cheap boss amps pounded his car?? what's wrong? :-(

Bronze Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 77
Ok first, what size fuse(s) do you have on that amp? and what size fuse keeps gettin blown at the battery? and also are you running anything else off that same power wire?

The fuse you have at your battery should be at least equal in size to all the other fuses(total) of anything your running off that power wire.

If you got that covered run your power wire(check out the full length) and look for a short to any metal part of your car especially where that sucker goes through the firewall(between engine compartment and your interior).

-Fishy

Anonymous

so it has nothing to do with the alternator? i started with a 60 fuse then whent uo to 80 it hasn't blown yet, up the amp runs two 30a fusesand i'm not running anythingelse off it....so far so good, do i need to change the 8 gauge wire to a four so the amp takes eough power?

Bronze Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 90
You could, I mean it can't hurt, but I think the 80 amp fuse at the batteries will probably fix your problem. It should be ok to have a lil higher fuse at your battery. I've a 150 amp on mine for about 120 amps worth of equipment. No, that fuse at the battery is there to prevent the spontaneous combustion of your vehicle in case you short out your power wire.

Did you check your power wire like I recommended?

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 91
Thats not to say you don't need a bigger alternator. I'm just not sure thats at the root of your problem.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 92
Now that I think about you probably have a pretty long run of 8 gauge for 600 watts. It would probably be a very good idea to upgrade to 4 gauge.

-Fishy

Anonymous

well thanks fishy, i'm try everything, the power wire is fine, but i'm gonna take all your advice i guess it won't hurt to try everything first....the front fuse, then the 4 gauge, and if all desn't do the trick it must be the alt... ;)

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 102
Yeah the 80 amp fuse will probably solve your problem, but I feel lil bit uncomfortable with that big of fuse on 8 gauge so I'd go with the 4 gauge upgrade there to keep it. I don't believe the fuse blowing prob. has anyhthing do with your alternator but that doesn't mean you don't need one.

I mean "Have cash, will upgrade" has always been my philosophy.

What makes this hobby fun.

Good Luck :-)

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us