IF you had a Zapco C2K 2.0 or 6.0 ?

Anonymous

IF you had a Zapco C2K 2.0 or 6.0 what would u use it for? name the speakers or subs and how would u wired them.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1596
Totally different amps, but with the C2K 2.0 definately components, although 50x2 isn't a huge amount of power. Those amps can be bridged to 2 ohm for 400W RMS, but I don't like running amps at so low of a load. More heat, distortion, worse damping, overall SQ and headroom is decreased. 6.0X is either/or depending on application. 150x2 at 4 ohms, so great for components. Also can run a sub well since it does 600x1 bridged to 4 ohm. Again, it's stable to 1 ohm or a 2 ohm bridge for 1200 watts RMS, but like I said above I don't like running amps so close to their limits. Personally I'd have some for either, a 6.0 for components and a 6.0 (or two) for subs ideally, but that's a lot of green for those amps. In the situation that I would have one just laying around, with such a good amp, I'd use it for components, as SQ of a subwoofer is far less important that that of the components (not that it's not important, but distortion etc. isn't as easy to pick up with a sub). For subs, I'd personally go with a 4 ohm bridge for 600 watts RMS, leaving headroom for the amp and having great sound quality.

Anonymous

Wow that was a really nice reply.I guess i will sell back my 2.0.

I am looking foward to powers some X.X.X. 12" or one of the lower models of REaudio subs like SE and SX. DO you know what kinda amp i should get to power for nice performance. Also till what wattages do i need to change my battery and alternator. RIght now im currenly using my Stock 3.0 Honda Accord 01 battery and alternator.
Can you help me out with some good amp for those subs. Kickers are good amp for them but i dont really like how it looks. DO you guys know any good performance/looking amps.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1620
With the Zapco route, a Zapco Reference 1100.1 is a great amp for a Re X.X.X. 12", wire the coils in series for a 4 ohm load and it'll put 800W RMS, close to ideal for that sub. It's an AB amp, great sound quality. I'd recommend close to a 200A alternator for that car. They have weak alternators, it's hard to say how much wattage you could have before current delivery problems etc., but being a typical Honda I'd say not too much honestly.

Anonymous

K cool, im going to look for a 1100.1 ref. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us