Panasonic SC-HT900 sound problem

Username: Ridge

Post Number: 1
Does anyone have an idea what might cause the sound from this system to completely shut down when watching a movie, listening to Cd's or even the radio? I just purchased the Panasonic SC-HT900 and the sound is fine until I turn it up. Last night while watching a DVD, my volume was set at -20DB, which is not that loud when watching a movie! All of the sudden the sound just shuts down while the movie keeps playing. I then have to shut off the DVD and start the movie over again, remembering where I left off and turning the volume down so it doesn't happen again. Like I said, the same thing happens when listening to the radio or CD's. I was once able to listen to a CD at -14DB but it shut down again on me. Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Username: Dee_seal

Denton, TX

My panasonic HT-900 has that same problem as well. Ialso have another problem MY HT-900 picks up an AM radio station constantly no matter what I do as long as the System is on. I have it hooked up to my Direct TV and there is a radio broabcaster near. The signal comes in through my Direct TV dish, this very light sound is on as long as the HT-SC900 is on.

Denton, TX

Post Number: 2
Any solutions for for the overheating problem?

Username: Mkhowe

There is another Thread where they discuss this on ecoustics: https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/3260.html
Unfortuately I am not seeing a solution there. I also have same issue. Not sure if it is really an overheating problem. I have tried numerous things to address including power conditioner, with no good results. Panasonic and my local service centers are not helpful. This problem is wide spread as there are numberous listing elsewhere about this problem. Google - panasonic ht900 defect. Has your service center provided you good info. If so please send me your service center number so I can contact and have them call my service center to explain problem. Thanks

Denton, TX

Post Number: 10
Have you checked the fan, I don't think my fan comes on at all, has anyone checked teh fan at the back of the subwoofer?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us