I think I made a huge mistake with BOSE...

Username: Derneustart

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, been reading quite a lot around here and want to tell you my short story now:

Heard some BOSE Acoustimass 15 in a friends house a couple of years ago, he had the 4 Cubes in the corners of the leaving room and the subwoofer and center somewhere on the front wall, it just sounded awesome for me, so since then I wanted to buy BOSE equipment for my house. So finally last year I could buy a Combo that includes the Acoustimass 5 Serie III system along with a Pioner HM50 amp, after I got it I wasnt ver convinced with the sound, tried the amp at stores with different set-ups and didn't like it so I thought the problem was the amp, though I didn't have money to change them in that moment.

The curious thing is that my brother in law has the same acoustimass and decided to make it 5.1 buying rear speakers from another brand and a High-End Amp, his set-up sounded also awesome, so long story short, I was thinking on changing the amp this year and buying 2 more cubes to convert my system, here's when the surprise comes...

Reading and reading reviews found out that the sound problem seems to not to be from the amp, I got blinded by the Brand and have now a 1000€ system that sounds like...lets say not as I expected and dont know what to do!

So the question is, which sound system do you recommend me? I don't want to spend much more money though the thing is, would you recommend me to actually expand the acoustimass and convert it to 5.1 with a new AM15 subwoofer (200€ used) and a couple of cubes (150€ in ebay) plus a new high-end amp? would this give me a nice high fidelity sound? or should I just put it in ebay (hoping not to loose tons of money on it) and get something else?

Thanks for reading!!

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 436
Yes do it now
Get rid of Bose

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Classic-Theater-System-Black/dp/B001202C44
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?