Connecting my new tv to my old sound system

Username: Jarrett4

Post Number: 1
I have bought a new LG TV and I have a Phillips sound system about 5 years old. Sky have told me I need a optical cable to transfer the sound to my sound system, however I only have an optical cable port in the TV and not in the sound system. Is there a cable which can convert the signal or do I just need to get a new sound system?
Or should the red and white audio cables work, as I have tried that and the sound is out of sync with the picture. Help I am confused!!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 881
I don't know sky is there a cable box. If yes connect the cable box to the stereo. And if you have no connections on the stereo YES you need a new one.

Username: Jpny83

I have a 42 inch flat tv. I can connect it to my old stereo but I only get sound from the tv. When I switch to DVD or HDMI I can still hear the tv channels. I want to hook my laptop up to my tv & listen to my music through my stereo. I recently ordered an S video cable. I have a converter box at the moment. Can you help me?

Username: Kelly

Hi. I just purchased a new LG 3D TV and am stumped. There is not a audio input on the back of the set for my speakers. I'm a bit of a novice and any help is appreciated Its an LG, model 47LW5600. Thank you in advance!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 899
Not many TV have an option for external speakers. You need a receiver Denon, Onkyo, or pioneer will fill the bill.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us